• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alternative to adobe... please :(

#1 starbutt
Hi!

I know there are previous threads on this. I open a new thread because there is something that has not been considered and that happened to me.
First: I consider that you have to pay monthly for lightroom is little money.
Second: lightroom requires internet from time to time to be activated.

And it happened to me that I couldn't connect to the internet on a motorhome trip in the Chilean Andes (no internet signal). A few days making timelapses at night and editing during the day. until I jump on my screen that I had to connect to the internet in order to continue using lightroom. That bothered me a lot and since that day I have been reluctant to this monthly or annual subscription.

For me, it would be an option to pay 500-1000 usd one time for a perpetual Adobe license that doesn't bother me with this problem.

Finally I chose not to pay for lightroom anymore and I have my LRT 6 pro license in a corner of my PC without use :/

It would be nice to have the option to edit with a single payment software without having the problem of regular activation over the internet.
#2 Gunther
Afaik there is no "non subscription" way to license Lightroom Classic. But that's something you need to discuss with Adobe.
Normally, LrC only needs an internet connection every 3 months. So usually this shouldn't be a problem. Maybe there was something wrong in your case an LrC couldn't connect for a long time.

As far as it concerns LRTimelapse, with LRTimelapse 6 you have the internal workflow that has a few limitations, but should be very useful just in case you cannot use Lightroom Classic. Still, I'd recommend to have the Photography plan at Adobe which licenses LrC and Photoshop for around 10 bucks a month. There are often discounts at Amazon on Black Friday etc. which you can use to extend your subscription for little money.

Check out my tutorial about the internal workflow in LRTimelapse 6 on https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 mopperle
To quote Adobe:
"In offline mode, annual Creative Cloud members get 99 days of grace period; month-to-month members get 30 days of grace period. Note that the grace period may vary from 5 days to 30 days, depending on your subscription status, type of commitment, billing status, and how you purchased your software (directly from Adobe or via a third-party retailer)."

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/k...-apps.html
Gruß/regards

Otto

...also check out: