• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alternatives to qDslrDashboards ramping

#1 Lennart
Hello,
as the current builds of qDslrDashboard arent compatible with the EOS R (well it kinda works, but you cannot trigger the camera externally which is a deal breaker when using sliders) and I no longer want to use the 5D Mark II I have for timelapses, I'm looking for other tools/software that allow holy grail ramping.

What is great about the algorithm in qDslrDashboard is that it averages the exposure over multiple frames and you can lock it to only adjust it for darker or brighter scenarios (which helps if you suddently have lights turning on). I found solutions that do not average frames and don't lock the direction which results in a pretty flickery video as it is constantly adjusting the exposure.

I'd prefer open source variants that can maybe run on a Raspi, but commercial products are also ok (as long as they don't break the bank).

Maybe the swarm intelligence knows some other tools Smile

Thanks in advance!
#2 Gunther
I think you should contact Zoltan, the developer of qDslrDashboard - afaik he was developing the support for the newer Canons. Maybe he can give you access to a beta.
I'm not aware of any other solution that does the job of holy grail ramping as well and with such high performance as qDDB does.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: