• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Newbie Question about Interval Ramping with a MOCO Head in Slave Mode

#1 circlingkailas
Hi everyone - So excited now that I got my camera set up with a mini-router, qDSLR and the Pro Timer. My very first sequences with this setup turned out amazingly well.

Unfortunately, my current orange Emotimo TB-3 does not have slave mode, so I am investing in a MOCO head with slave. But I do have a question - can anyone point me to a link with a film/sequence made with interval ramping with a slave head? If the head is being driven by the Timer using interval ramping, won't the head movement start out fast and end up extremely slow (or vice versa)? For example, at sunset I may start out with 5-10 second intervals and then end up with 30 second intervals at night. Won't that fold difference cause an apparent acceleration/deceleration of the resulting sequence?

Thanks for your help.
#2 Gunther
No, you'll usually work with the MoCo in Shoot-Move-Shoot. That means after each interval, the Slider/PT Head will move for a defined way. As long as that way is constant, you'll get a steady motion.
If you use interval ramping, the timelapse will of course change its pace, but the movement will be steady.

Of course, with advanced controllers like the Pine from BlackForestMotion, you will also be able to program ramps for the movement - which would then lead to an acceleration/deacceleration fo the movement if programmed, but that's something advanced that will not be used often - and still it will be totally independent from the interval and thus the speed of the timelapse.

More info about motion control with the bfm MoCo units in my EBook: https://lrtimelapse.com/buy/ebook/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 circlingkailas
Thanks for your prompt response. I got it now, and my new MOCO head just got delivered a moment ago! Thanks.
Pan & tilt head
pfali
2023-01-25, 12:40
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: