• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Are Range Mask on Graduated Filters Supported?

#1 maytawn
Are Range Mask on Graduated Filters Supported? I'm working on a time lapse and I am trying to use one of the predefined graduated filters along with a color range mask. I'm making this change to the keyframes, but when I use auto transition button the color range mask settings aren't carried over to the intermediate frames; only the settings on the graduated filter are present.
#2 Gunther
Range Masks are supported. You need to set it on the very first keyframe, it will then be carried out along the regular process (Sync keyframes script, autotransition etc.). I'd recommend starting over from scratch (metadata / initialize in LRT, remove sequence from Lightroom). Then redo the workflow and take care to add the rangemask on one of the predefined filters on the very first keyframe.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 maytawn
I have tried starting over as you suggested, but now I have a different problem. This is a holy grail workflow where I captured the sunrise. The earliest keyframe is almost completely black (on purpose) because I started the capture well before dawn. When I select the Range Mask color on the first key frame, it's black. In the later frames where I actually need to use the mask, the color is completely different and so the Mask is not applying to the right area of the filter. Can anything be done about this? Am I doing something wrong.
#4 Gunther
Without seeing the sequence and editing it, I can't say, sorry. I think, in that case maybe it might be the best advice to not use the range mask. Especially the color mask is known for producing artifacts in timelapses with changing light situations.
Normally every edit should be possible without a color range mask.

Sent mobile...
#5 maytawn
Is it possible to troubleshoot this by looking into the XMP data directly? It seems to me that LRT is not letting the color selection for the range get carried from frame to frame during an auto transition in the XMP. Where should I look in the data to verify this?
#6 Gunther
Check out the table, all supported tools are displayed there in columns. If a column is hidden it means, that all values of a column are equal. If you click on "ALL" on the top left, then you'll see also the hidden columns.
#7 maytawn
What are the column names hold the information for the color range mask?
#8 Gunther
Just change any settings in Lightroom on a key frame, save Metadata and then reload on LRTimelapse. The keyframe will now hold the new settings and those columns will be visible. That way you can identify them.

Sent mobile...
Mask Drift
dyerama
2022-01-16, 12:36
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: