• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

B:12 Color issue at export.

#1 Brix
Hello.

So I edited the timelapse all ready for export in lightroom all seems allright. When exporting using 4k uhd 8 bit jpeg setup of lr timelapse export (private license).

The exported video is faded on the first sight.. The edits seems minor all along the stopage. I did some tests and figured out this:

In exploter when scrolling images they apear faded after few seconds it looks like loads the edit info and the thumbnails updates to same apearance as edited inside lightroom. When I doubleclick open the photos in native windows app images apear like edited and without problems.
When I check the properties the bit depth is 24 and color representation is Uncalibrated. ( may cause the issue? )

Re-Exporting the video of the files in lrtimelapse remain faded. Exporting the video loading the image sequence in Davinci resolve remain faded.

I did export the sequence out of the lightroom using native export tab. Thumbnails seems correct. Opened files seems correct. Export with lrtimelapse and Davinci resolve both seems correct. Bit depth 24, color representation sRgb.

Last test loading the folders as photo sequence exported by lrtimelapse and the Lightroom direct export both into davinci resolve. Lrtimelapse faded Lightroom as edited. Rendering both into same file make the difference really visible.

The issue is seems with the exported photos. And maybe the color profiles. But I don´t really know.

I don´t know if this is the limitation of private license or beta issue. Or could be something in my settings but opened files and videos behave same on the Windows surface pro tablet aswell.

Any suggestions and advices for improvement welcomed.

I own the private license using LRTimelapse 6.0 beta 12 (2022-01-24)
Windows 11. Nvidia 1060. Intel i5 12400.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
The intermediary files exported with LRTExport (from Lightroom) will usually have Rec.2020 color space which is a wide color space that only color managed applications will be able to show correctly. Not Windows Explorer nor necessarily all image viewers. Those image are for internal use by the LRTimelapse renderer.
If you render a video from those intermediary sequences, you will have the option to render in Rec.709 (like sRGB) which will be shown correctly by most devices and viewers. Or in Rec.2020 which is for HDR work. If you don't know exactly what you are doing, I'd recommend Rec.709.
I've explained this in my video for LRT5.5, you might want to check it out: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/lrtimelapse-5-5/

Also check the faq: there are a couple of entries about Color Management: https://lrtimelapse.com/faq/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Brix
I used the lrtimelapse sometime before the 5.0 so as before, just installed 6 beta, adjusted, exported the video and the result didn´t match the edits. I see there are more options and adjustments under the advanced tab now. Will definitely dig more into this now and do some more exports and tests. Thank you for the support and directing me to the right way.

...also check out: