• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Export errors: [no filename returned]

#1 greg_priestley
MacOS 12.6, LRT 6.1.2, LR 11.5

Haven't done any exports for a while, but started to over the few days.

Frequently getting errors exporting large sequences spanning multiple folders (eg approx 1800 images folder x 5 folders) with various files "missing" and reporting error "[no filename returned]"

(Normally) Works if I export single folder at a time.
#2 Gunther
This might still be related to the bug in Lightroom 11.4 (and possibly 11.5).
See: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lig...ort-plugin
Try downgrading to 11.3.1 and see if that fixes it.
If so, please report the bug to Adobe!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 chasg
I'm getting this error too, in one out of 3 exports, from 1 to 3 files per sequence (whether I export multiple sequences, or single sequences). When I re-export the same sequences, sometimes the export is successful, sometimes not (in those cases, I get the same error, but on different files).

Gunther, can you think of an efficient way for us to export just the problem files (the ones that didn't render due to this error) and slip them into the sequence of rendered files? This would save me having to re-render full sequences (and hoping that they render properly). Of course, the issue is that the problem files are always in the middle of the sequences, somewhere, so the challenge is to name that new rendered file properly, and then re-number all subsequent "LRT_xxxx" files (shifting their numbers by one). On MacOS, I can use the very useful "A Better Finder Rename" application to do this, but I'm hoping that you have a more efficient suggestion.

MacOS 12.4 (M1 Mac Mini)
LRT 6.1.2
LR 11.5
Camera Raw 14.5

If I can't come up with an efficient workaround, I'll be downgrading back to LR 11.3.1 (again :-( I'm starting to feel like Adobe won't fix this, as it's such a minor use case for them, when compared to their full base of users.

I have added an edited version of this post to the relevant Adobe Community thread.

edit: rats, I can't render a single file out of LR using the LRT export dialog. How can I export a single TIFF in rec2020, I don't have that option in the LR standard export dialog? I _can_ render 2 files, which is what I'm doing as a workaround, but it'd be nice to be able to render a single file (for this unusual case). I do understand why this is normally discouraged, of course.
#4 Gunther
Thanks for reporting this to Adobe also.
Currently there is no way to export a single file via LRTExport, sorry.
#5 chasg
Happy to help (it's in _my_ best interests too :-)

As for rendering single files, the workaround of rendering two is easy to do, no worries.
#6 Gunther
This should be fixed in LRC 12.

...also check out: