• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bad Video Quality

#1 Groovy_Goofy
Hi everyone,
I got a problem here. I am very unhappy with the quality of the rendered videos. They show alot of render fractals especialy in dark areas. Also the size of the video (only around 7 mb for about 5 sec of video ) seems to me very small for a Full HD video. Is there any way to change the render quality of Lightroom ? What am I doing wrong ? If I render the same pictures using Quiktime I get a much better quality video. Unfortunatly Quicktime cant render RAW Pictures Sequences Smile

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers Goovy
#2 Gunther
Just get yourself the PRO-templates.
http://lrtimelapse.com/shop/pro-templates-lightroom/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 mtfreestyler
I was also worried by this. I want to buy the bundle but wasn't sure if the pro templates would fix it.

You can see what I am worried about in this test vid. https://vimeo.com/55341043

If I get the pro templates will this be must better looking?
#4 Gunther
The video is nearly black... What exactly do you think could be better looking with an improved encoding in that case?
#5 mtfreestyler
To be honest I tried to make the problem more noticeable in this video. It might just be that I have it fullscreen on my computer and I notice 3 different layers of brightness(I don't know the real name for it).

If you look closer you might notice a ring like affect coming from the bottom arching upwards and each different layer is a different brightness

It was shot in the suburbs and there is a lot of light here that's why it is so black.

It is just that my other render done by after effects doesn't show it so I was thinking maybe it was because it is an .mp4
#6 Gunther
What you see is banding. If you have higher bitrates (like with the PRO templates) this will get better.

The PRO templates encode with nearly 100Mbps whereas the free ones with only 8-12MBps.

...also check out: