• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Batch initialization pathname error

#1 puncho
Hi, I'm trying to batch initialize a few different folders in different parent folders (right click, batch initialization for the folders I'm going to use). Sometimes I get an "issue with pathname" error. "Foldername, path or filenames in your sequence contain a comma or other special characters. This prevents the Exif-Data from being loaded. Please rename the folder / files."

Is there a way to tell which folder/filename it is talking about? Since I'm batch initializing quite a few folders at the same time, it is hard to tell which file it is talking about. Thanks

Edit: On the same note, I'm assuming but just want to make certain. If I re-initialize the folders, it shouldn't change anything to the files/double the initialization files? It just redoes the process?
#2 Gunther
In order to not get any issues with the external tools that LRTimelapse uses throughout the process, you need to make sure that your path names don't contain any special chars, for example öäüß in German or , ; / \ etc...
Normally you don't need to batch initialize your sequences. This will happen automatically when you first load a sequence. Then you will also get that message and you can rename the folder.
If you reinitialize a folder, it will just reset everything to the initial state that LRTimelapse needs, it doesn't harm to do it, but normally I'd only do it to reset everything to a clean start after having done some edits that you would like to redo. As I said, the very first time it's not necessary since it will happen automatically.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 puncho
Thanks for the reply. Ah, I don't think I have any special characters...perhaps longer filenames. I was following your "Speed up editing of multiple timelapse sequences tutorial" since I have a bunch of different timelapses within different parent folders but it sounds like I should just load them normally? Thanks again!
#4 Gunther
If LRTimelapse complains about special characters, you have some. Send me a Screenshot or the log and I can tell you.

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: