• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best place to put a separate set of photos

#1 uscholdm
I have a folder with 200 raw images, 147 from a single time-lapse. I have made edits to some of these images already. I wanted to make a subfolder and copy into it the 147 timelapse sequence images so I can make all the edits I want while keeping the original edits  intact. I cannot create virtual copies because LRT and LR read/write metadata back and forth, so that would change my edits.  What is the easiest way to do this?

I tried to use the “Create folder inside …” command.  But LR moved (rather than copied) the files on disk to the new subfolder but I could still see the images in the original folder (from LR). If I edited the images in LR from either folder, the edits were reflected in the other folder.   Bizarrely, there was no way to remove the image from one folder w/o also removing it from the other. So it was an odd hybrid between a move and a copy. 

This got me all messed up, and I still don't know the best way to proceed.

Thanks
#2 Gunther
Just use the Snapshots feature in LRTimelapse. You can save as many snapshots you want and later revert to them. A snapshot is the full set of XMP files for a sequence. There is no need to copy the raw files.

Remember: each timelapse should go into its dedicated folder. Virtual copies will not work, since lightroom does not write/read XMP data for them.

Maybe the best would be to start over and do the edits again. Save a snapshot, then right click on the folder in LRTimelapse and "Clear all LRTimelapse edits" - then start over.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 uscholdm
Excellent, I will try that. Much better than what I was considering.
#4 kimtibbetts
Follow up question to this thread...if you follow what Gunther said by saving a snapshot and clearing all LRTimelapse edits, does that mean you can then edit individual photos in LR from the sequence independently of the edits used for a Timelapse? If you do that and you go back to the snapshot you saved in LRTimelapse, I assume that will that overwrite the XMP data of the file you just edited independently.
#5 Gunther
Of course you could do that, but then you'd have to save another snapshot with the individual edits and go back and forth.
Normally I just copy the raw files to single edit from the timelapse folder to another one (you can right click on the file, then "show in Explorer/Finder", rename them a bit to avoid to Lightroom duplicate checker and then add to Lightroom for single editing.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 kimtibbetts
Thanks Gunther!

...also check out: