• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beta Version 12

#1 Paul at IPPPE
Having difficulties with the display of the beta on one of my computers (Dell Alienware Aurora R12). Screen images below indicate multiple images of parts of the screen appear as I move the mouse to try and highlight an option. I wondered if this was an issue with outdated drivers on the computer and card (RTX3090) but these are up to date. Videos within the multiple images play smoothly etc - just that the screen is broken up and replicated.
This is quite a specific problem. The issue with screen display does not occur when using lightroom, premiere pro or other programs on the computer. It was not an issue on that computer with version 6. And I don't have the problem using the same screen when it is operating Beta 12 from my laptop.
#2 Gunther
This is an old issue with some Graphics Hardware / Drivers incompatibilities on Windows that also occurred with former versions. It can be circumvented with an alternative launcher, see faq: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-int...ncorrectly

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this on any of my machines - can you reproduce it reliably on yours?
I would then like to send you a couple of launchers asking you to tell me which ones do and don't work. Maybe I can find a general solution that works for everyone. If you can reproduce the issue easily on your system and would be willing helping me, please contact me via email to support(at)lrtimelapse.com
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Paul at IPPPE
Thanks Gunther. Back at my computer after 12 hours of doing things during the day (like the collapse of the Thuraya satellite system meant that I needed to move to a Zoleo backup as Starlink can be a bit slow to relocate out bush, and then the car battery died - as well as the usual work). Didn't turn the computer off, but had closed down beta 12. Only change during that session was that I did actually load up Outlook so I could send some responses directly.
Now working perfectly. Just quickly uploaded the sequences that didn't work this morning with no replicated displays. Maybe a background task? Maybe now using a new launcher after linking to Microsoft 365?
Anyway, probably not an issue worth exploring further.
Thanks for the response.
Paul
#4 Gunther
That's what I thought. Other users also can't reproduce it reliably, it happens some times on some hardware, sometimes not. In any case, using the alternative launcher as explained in the link above, will help.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: