• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bug with orientation of pictures

#1 wolfgangh
I am using windows 10, LRtimelapse 5.3.3 and the newets Version of Lightroom.
I made a couple of pictures with a fisheye lens and the orientation of the pictures is different in Lightroom. I tried to give all the same orientation (successfully), then i saved the metadata in files and loaded it in LRtimelapse. There I got a column called image orientation, which showed different values. This corresponds to the orientation in LRtimelapse.
I tried to fill the column with new values, but after that the column disappeared. I tried arithmetic operation and there I could achieve the desired value. But after saving the column disappeared again and after visulelle Vorschauen I had the same different orientation as before
I never experienced this before.
Could you help
Kind regards
Wolfgang
#2 Gunther
If you right click on a column and then "fill down", it will fill the column with the values of the first image. Then the column disappears, because it has equal values (all columns with equal values . You can get it back, by clicking on the button top left of the table, which will display all columns, even those with equal values.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 wolfgangh
Thanks, thats ok, but if I save the metadata in LRTimelapse, for example after applying Auto Übergang the former orientation data appear again as if they are read out of the exif data. The sequence in Lightroom shows for all pictures the same orientation and even if I save all metadata in files in Lightroom I get after reloading in LRTimelapse different orientations.
I have no idea how this can happen.
Kind regards Wolfgang
#4 Gunther
Normally, if you change the orientation via "Fill down", and then hit save, it should be in the metadata. Of course, if you reload from Lightroom after that, you might get the old values again. That's why you should do this at the end.

Another way would be to fix the orientation in Lightroom. There you can filter for landscape or portrait photos, rotate them individually and save metadata. Normally then after a reload in LRT, you should also get the right orientation.

Next time, when shooting heads up, turn off the orientation sensor in the camera, it makes life much easier in editing.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: