• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Keyframes wizard Slider

#1 Owen Rennie
Hi, just downloaded LR 4.4 Pro. If i select Keyframe wizard i only ever get one frame at beginning and one at end (no matter on what sequence of images i use) 

If i manually adjust the slider to 5 keyframes etc they don't show up (no blue diamonds, only the first and last still) 

I had the same similar problem using LR time-lapse 2 and ended up giving up on the software and kept using brampers.. Im hoping this time i can figure it out.

Any suggestions?

Owen
#2 Gunther
Hi Owen, that's strange. The Keyframes wizard normally calculates the initial number of keyframes depending you the content of the sequence.
So 2 Keyframes might be normal. But if you drag the slider, the number should increase. If not, there might be something wrong with the sequence. Please send me the log file after dragging the slider. You'll find it in the info menu / show logfile.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Owen Rennie
Thanks Gwengner.

I emailed through a support ticket and attached a picture and Log file. Let me know if you have an answer...

Thanks

Owen
#4 Gunther
it seems that the exif Data of those files is providing a value for "Aperture" that is not supported.

Please send me one of those files via dropbox or wetransfer. I will then try to check this here an probably find a fix.

Until then, please use the "Metadata / Lens Tagger" in LRtimelape to set an arbitrary Aperture value for the sequence. Then save.
(But please send me the unmodified file first)
#5 acenothing
I am new but i have been working with LRT for many many hours.  My issue is the keyframe wizard will ONLY do even spaced keyframes.  I have 300-500 CR2 and I have tried JPG files.  There is many different appiture changes and also shutter speed changes but alas only even spacing keyframes.  

What am I missing?

Thanks
#6 Gunther
What are you expecting? The keyframes wizard is meant to do even spaced 4* keyframes and mark any holy grail "jumps" with the orange triangle keyframes - but those are for internal use only.
You can always add additional keyframes manually, by pressing "4" on a frame or clicking on the small diamont symbol at the very left of a row in the table.
#7 acenothing
The tutorial I saw showed the LRT set a Keyframe at every aperture change.  The tutorial did not even discuss the holy grail (which is greyed out on my sequences).  So to answer your question, that is what I was expecting and why I purchased LRT.  What would be the purpose of evenly space keyframes?

Thanks you
#8 Gunther
The blue keyframes are only for the color adjustments. If you for example want to change white balance, exposure and other tools gradually over the whole time lapse.

The Holy Grail adjustments (compensation of "jumps" introduced by changes of shutter, aperture, iso) will be done automatically in LRTimelapse 4. Those adjustments will be marked with those small orange triangles if you have them in your sequence when you use the Keyframes Wizard. The Holy Grail Wizard will then do the leveling. The orange triangles appear as 2*/3* keyframes in Lightroom, but you shouldn't touch them since they will be taken care of automatically by LRTimelapse.

So in LRT4 you have two layers of keyframes: the ones that you edit (blue, positioned as you like, by default even spaced) for your manual changes in editing and the second layer, the orange ones that will just be there to indicate where LRTimelapse will do all the magic in compensating your camera adjustments.

Make sure to have watched my latest tutorials on http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial - since in LRT3 this has been different.
#9 acenothing
Thanks for your quick reply.  I will watch your videos...again.  Where I am struggling is here, per you email, "t[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]he Holy Grail adjustments (compensation of "jumps" introduced by changes of shutter, aperture, iso) will be done automatically in LRTimelapse 4. Those adjustments will be marked with those small orange triangles" The holy grail is grayed out and the Keyframe Wizard will only do evenly spaced despite the fact there are LARGE changes on aperture, ISO or shutter speed.  [/font]

[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I am not sure what a "Blue Frame" is so I am clearly out of my league.[/font]

[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Thanks anyway I will assume it is user error.  If I can't fix this soon can I get my $110 back?[/font]

[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Thanks again.[/font]
#10 Gunther
Blue Keyframes are the regular Keyframes, the small blue diamond symbols that you see on the very left in the table and overlayed to the curves in the preview in LRTimelapse. They appear as 4* images in LR.

Could you please send me the log file after doing the first workflow row? (Info Menu in LRTimelapse, Show Log).
Then attach a screenshot of the Whole LRTimelapse screen too.

...also check out: