• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Capitol Reef National Park 8K

#1 jorn-t
One of the most majestic places I've visited, Capitol Reef National Park in Utah, with an enormous 180 kilometers long, very colorful and visually stunning geological feature called the Waterpocket Fold.

I photographed the area for three days and experienced all kinds of weather, from exceptionally clear, blue sky the first day, to dark and gloomy clouds the second day, and then I ran into mammatus clouds and a sand storm the third day, where I had to virtually run for my life and save the camera equipment from the storm appearing from nowhere. The most scary photographic experience I've had.. I got three cameras and a drone photographing a calm and silent sunset over the Henry Mountains - when I suddenly got hit by the powerful storm from behind, at a remote viewpoint in the desert called "Moonscape overlook".

The wind was so strong that I had to turn my rental car with its back against the wind to prevent it from rolling over! A three ton Dodge RAM truck! :-O
Had to wait for the storm to pass, as all I could see was the front bonnet of my car. The next day was spent washing red sand from the car and cameras, and It's a miracle that the only damage I had to my equipment was some sand marks on one of the Sigma wide angles, after being exposed to the sand storm for a few seconds...

https://youtu.be/RewMyhNVv9k?si=K0hF0gzbnh_76Yox

Hope you like the movie!

- Jørn, Trondheim, Norway :-)

...also check out: