• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Changing camera settings during time lapse

Smile
#11 Elkaybay
(2013-08-19, 21:57)gwegner Wrote: Here we go!

http://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/

That's great, thanks a lot!

Just ordered the TP-link router as the Nikon WiFi dongles are not compatible with the D800! Wink
#12 andymarchand

that's great, indeed! I just downloaded and installed the Software onto my HTCone and tried to connect my D800 with the original Nikon USB cable and a Delock OTG Cable (USB micro-B angled male > USB-A female OTG) that I just bought. But my HTCone says it doesn't recognize the attached USB device and dslrDashboard won't connect.

Has anyone already tried to connect the D800 by this mean or has somebody got an idea how I gould get this goin'?

Thx! Andy
#13 Gunther
Does the HTC One support USB OTG? I heard that some HTC devices don't.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#14 andymarchand
I think you are right, it seems the HTC One does not fully support USB host mode (at least with the original Kernel).

Well there is a quite cheap Google Nexus 7 8GB (v1 2012) in a shop nearby... This might be my alternative... :-)
[font=Tahoma][size=xx-small]
----------------------
andymarchand.ch[/size][/font]
#15 steno

interesting solution.
who will have an Android will going to have no expenses since it could connect via USB.
but I think there should be a list of camera compatibility from the developer, since Pro Nikon DSLR, via USB, have some restrictions, for instance Camera Control Pro of Sofortbild (on Apple) could only works saving picture on the computer but... another device to bring, another battery to take care of..
the Wireless adaptor you showed is not for Pro DSLR, I mean having D3s or similar, one should have WT4, but again another device to bring with you..
I think that for owners of Apple IOS system, the only solution, that could give that kind of controls is Timelapse+ that for 200 bucks will resolve the situation.
anyway, thanks Gunther, you are always full of surprises, your last version is the best for time-lapse editing. take care.
#16 Gunther
I don't see any problem for iOS users to go for a cheap Android Tab for DSLR control. I mean you guys spend so much money on all that apple stuff ;-)
I guess that the OpenWrt solutions should work with a D3/D4 as well. But haven't tested it. Contact Zoltan, the DslrDashboard author, maybe he knows...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#17 steno
Will do! Even if using Android can give me an headache!
#18 delik
I have found myself in a pickle with holy grail shoots where I start to push my exposure time close to my interval time and leave a very small window to change my settings. I can't change the settings during an exposure nor would I want to, but 1-2 seconds is pretty tight. Can this solution reliably change camera settings in this kind of scenario?
#19 Elkaybay
Dear Nikon users,

Did you notice that the built-in intervalometer function is disabled when an OTG cable is connected to the camera?

I guess I'll have to use an external one? Any recommendations?

Thanks,

K
#20 andymarchand
(2013-08-21, 23:12)Elkaybay Wrote: Dear Nikon users,

Did you notice that the built-in intervalometer function is disabled when an OTG cable is connected to the camera?

I guess I'll have to use an external one? Any recommendations?

Hi Elkaybay

I use the Nikon MC-36A or the eMotimo TB3 to trigger my D800 and they both do their job well while the OTG Cable is attached (D800 USB to Nexus 7) to check or change the other camera settings (shutter, aperture, ISO).

Andy
[font=Tahoma][size=xx-small]
----------------------
andymarchand.ch[/size][/font]

...also check out: