• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cloning or Healing out bits from individual images

#1 levinbarrett@outlook.com
Hi,
I shot a lovely night astro timelapse with lit foreground but early on in the sequence, it became evident that I needed to adjust a light in the scene. I therefore walked into the scene and back out again. Therefore a few frames caught a blurred image of me in the scene. As I was doing the normal timelapse processing, I located the affected scenes (18 in total) and made these images keyframes in addition to the first and last images.

I then dragged all images into lightroom per normal and edited the first keyframe image with basics adjustments. I then synched the other keyframe images using the LRT synch script per normal and all adjustments were successfully synched to the other images (again per normal - no problems so far)

I then made individual clone or healing adjustments to the 18 images as each image required a different heal/clone ( as I was in a different location in each image). I DID NOT synch these images as they were individual adjustments.

I then saved all metadata for the keyframe images, reloaded into LRT, ran the autotransition and played the video in the visual preview screen. To my surprise, none of my clones or heals were carried over from lightroom and there I was walking into and out of the scene. I finished and rendered the video anyway as I thought maybe this would resolve itself later in the process but it did not.

Why didn't my heals or clones or get carried over back into LRT and is there a way that I can incorporate individual heal or clones into the timelapse? Do you have another suggestion for achieving what I am trying to do above?

I have removed dust spots in the past with a single click and synched those across keyframes and that worked fine, but on this occasion, selecting a larger area to heal only single frames has failed.

Thanks, Levin
#2 Gunther
If you do auto transition in LRT it will destroy any individual healing brushes (because that's a tool that cannot be "keyframed" - it will then populate the healing from the very first keyframe to all other frames).
if you are doing individual stamping on single frames (don't need to be keyframes) you need to hold shift when clicking on Auto Transition (also see the tooltip on that button) - it will then leave the stamping alone.

I've explained this in the Expert Tips #6 Tutorial: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/expert/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 latsap
Hi Levin,

I'm well aware of this situation. When I'm doing a timelapse of a piece of architecture, I often have 2 or 3 cameras running at the same time, in invariably I end up in some frames as I move around the building. This is very helpful when the background is complex and a spot healing brush won't work.

My method is as follows:

1. Export my tiff sequence.
2. Find the images that have a person or other thing in them I don't want. ( I generally scan through them in LR and give them a temp colour lable.)
3. Open these tiffs and a tiff from before or after that is that area clear of the unwanted object.
4. Lay one over the other in photoshop, mask out the unwanted object.
5. Flatten and save.
6. Do for all of the frames you need this to happen in.
7. Render your video file
8. Save the altered tiffs (or convert to dngs) if you ever think you'll want to re-render the video

Let me know if this does or doesn't make sense

Cheers Andrew
Architectural Photographer
Vancouver CAN / Melbourne AUS
#4 Gunther
You can do that. An easier an faster method, especially, if you need to stamp many frames, would be to do the same in After Effects. There you can load the whole exported intermediary tiff-sequence and then stamp from one image to the next. When finished, you'd just export a new Image sequence as tiff and with the same naming (LRT_00001.tif etc) and then pass this to the render engine in LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: