• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Concatenating multiple drone hyper lapse videos seamlessly

#1 whirlybloke
I'm halfway through creating a 6 month duration hyper lapse of a drone orbit of a construction site. Each flight covers 10-15 degrees of the entire orbit (like a slice of pie) every 2 weeks and I'm using LRTimelapse very successfully to create a video for each section. I then use Final Cut to stabilise and concatenate them into a single video so the finished video after 6 months will be several complete orbits of the site as a time/hyper lapse.

This is working beautifully thanks to LRTimelapse. However, the drone I'm using doesn't have accurate RTK GPS, so although the end of one flight matches the start of the next flight as exact GPS co-ordinates (I have used some overlap as well), there are natural errors in the actual position and altitude. To join the hyperlapses and make the transition from one section to the next seamless, I've been using the FCPX transform and distort tools. This is now becoming very time consuming.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I might semi-automate this? There are tools in PS and others that allow morphing of overlaid images to match on their content, but that only works when there is no movement of the camera position.

...also check out: