• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I hope there will be an HDR time-lapse photography process

#1 jeep
Recently I saw that pixelmator pro can directly convert HDR images (avif and jxl) into single-frame HDR videos, and the results are very good. I also use this method to sequence single-frame HDR videos and merge them into HDR videos. This is very troublesome. I very much hope that LRT can also have an HDR time-lapse production process.
(My English is not good, so I wrote it directly in Chinese and then used Google Translate.)
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse is aimed for Raw-Processes. I don't see much point in shooting pixel formats like JPG or AVIF out of camera.
But since Lightroom now allows for development of Raw files into such HDR formats, that's something I will look into in the future and see which options I can implement into LRTimelapse.

Today (6.5.3) you can already set the sequence in LrC to HDR by setting the HDR option (and if necessary the Preview for SDR Display settings) on the first keyframe. It is then applied to all images via the workflow using Sync / Auto Transition. These settings are not keyframed by LRT (makes no sense).

Then you can first build a Lightroom Custom Export Preset that exports the files as HDR TIFF 16, preferably in the name format LRT_00001.tif etc.. I will include this setting in the official LRT export templates in a future version.
Then you have an intermediate sequence in HDR Rec.2020 color space that you can import directly into Davinci Resolve and then continue working with it.

For a future LRTimelapse version, I will work on this topic and also look at whether it is possible to render videos tagged as HDR directly from LRTimelapse, so that the workflow is then also transparent.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jeep
Hello, I have tried exporting tif before, but if I click on HDR output, DaVinci does not recognize the tif. If you cancel HDR, you can open this tif in DaVinci, but the highlights of the picture will not have the HDR effect. So this approach won't work. So I recently used LRT and LR to finally export avif, then opened avif in pixelmator pro and exported single-frame HDR video, and then imported these single-frame HDR video sequences into DaVinci to create HDR time-lapse. The results of this method are very good. But it’s very troublesome. I hope LRT can have the ability to directly convert HDR pictures into HDR videos like Pixelmator Pro, so that it is very convenient to directly generate HDR time-lapse videos from HDR picture sequences.
#4 Gunther
I'm currently experimenting with an HDR workflow.
Could you please send me a 10 images sequence that you edited with Lightroom in HDR mode including the XMP files please?
I will then send you back a HDR video and kindly ask you to check, if that matches the results you are expecting in Davinci Resolve.
Please send the files via WeTransfer or similar to support(at)lrtimelapse.com
#5 Gunther
Thanks for sending over your files. Please see this video File which I did with an unreleased develop version of LRTimelapse, it comes in Rec2020 HDR and shows fine on my MacBook Pro XDR screen, played back with Quicktime - it looks exactly as in Lightroom with HDR activated.
Let me know, if it looks good for you too!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mmc73yfdf...o1gkx&dl=1
#6 jeep
I don’t know if it’s because I didn’t fix the flickering or for some other reason? You see inconsistent brightness in highlight areas. The highlights in the first few frames were a bit overexposed.
#7 jeep
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j4u40wpxy...fmfxx&dl=0

This is an aerial time-lapse I just shot yesterday, and it was made into an HDR time-lapse using the method I mentioned.
#8 Gunther
I didn't fix any flickering. I just wanted to render a HDR video directly via LRTimelapse and check if the colors are accurate.
They are on my Mac, but I couldn't test on Windows because I don't have a proper HDR display on my windows computer. That's why I was hoping for your feedback.
#9 jeep
我也是macbook,也没有windows
#10 Gunther
Sorry, I don't understand. Please post in English only.
Video --> Time Span Filters
rikiph
2021-05-05, 00:06
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: