• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Control Multiple Cameras on Dslr

#11 Gunther
Great - so which image will the LRT module display and use for evaluation of the histogram?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 hubaiz
Test went ok, no crashes.
On D7100 got 700 images
On 650D got 617 images

The LRTimelapse screen will display the image for the currently selected DSLR. I was switching between them during the capture (close the LRTimelapse screen with X and select the DSLR on connection screen).

The only problem I had was when the shutter speed reached 15 second. The initial 19 sec (650D) and 18 sec (D7100) interval was short because of the 650D large JPEG files where slowing down the transfer so the interval timer was missing captures.
In the upcoming days will repeat the test with the iPad Mini 2 and maybe using the D7100 and D5000
On higher end Canon DSLR you can select RAW + lower resolution JPEG so I think with them the transfer speed would be shorter.
I also think that when using an external interval timer the download would continue after a capture is started. Will test this with the Dynamic Perception NMX controller in the upcoming days (currently working on desktop only).

Nikon

Canon

#13 hubaiz
Yesterday repeated the test with iPad Mini 2 using the Canon 650D and Nikon D7100 using the qDD internal interval timer for both.

I set both for 20sec interval
I started the second interval timer in the middle of the first one so the 650D large JPEG download was not a problem.
Test went ok with no crash, both made 500 images and reached 15 sec shutter speed and 3200 ISO after I stoped as got rain and strong wind.
I was switching between the 2 DSLR and everything worked fine.
The iPad Mini 2 was performing better, probably because it is a newer device then the Nexus7 (2012)
Wink
#14 stefgodin
Ok cool, so it works !!!! Thank you !

On your Ipad mini how do you connect your cameras ?
-both in wifi ?
-one wifi and the other with a lighting USB adapter ?
#15 hubaiz
(2015-04-29, 14:48)stefgodin Wrote: On your Ipad mini how do you connect your cameras ?
-both in wifi ?

On iOS only wireless connection is possible.
I used the TP-Link MR3040 router. Both DSLR where connected to the MR3040 with a small USB hub.
#16 TokraCro
good to know that it is possible to do that
and I just got back from a location, and I had my tablet and my laptop and extra power supply.. and I had to drag all of that with me.. if I know that it was possible that way, it would make my life much easier Big Grin
#17 kevinbuckley70
(2015-04-29, 17:09)hubaiz Wrote:
(2015-04-29, 14:48)stefgodin Wrote: On your Ipad mini how do you connect your cameras ?
-both in wifi ?

On iOS only wireless connection is possible.
I used the TP-Link MR3040 router. Both DSLR where connected to the MR3040 with a small USB hub.

Do you have a recommendation for a suitable USB hub, for field use?

Will the MR3040 power the USB hub through the USB cable, or is external/battery power needed?

Thanks.

...also check out: