• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problems with Holy Grail Wizard and Control My Camera

#1 Paul@absolutediving.co.uk
Hi All,

Been having some real problems with the Holy Grail Wizard when processing a timelapse shot using ControlMyCamera and the LRTimelapse function.

Basically was shooting a Sunset into darkness, for the stars, using a Nikon D7200 with a Tokina 14-20, F2. I started at around 5.30PM, 15sec interval with a 13 second max exposure, max F2 for aperture and max 3200 for ISO. I have attached a screen grab of what the loaded images look like before apply anything LRTimelapse.

I then apply the Keyframes Wizard and it gives me 13 KeyFrames (have attached image) and then finally I apply the Holy Grail Wizard and this is where it all goes wrong (image attached).The graph line starts at 0 and then rises very quickly to the maximum value and stays there. Needless to say this makes it virtually impossible to edit in Lightroom. I have tried adjusting the Rotate and Stretch and whilst it helps a little it is still not great.

Not sure what i am doing wrong here as i have read the Ebook as well as other resources and this has only been happening recently after a few upgrades back?? Never use to have this problem but a real show stopper at the moment as i have a trip planned where is was planning on doing a sunset through to Sunrise and this is going to be impossible to process with these issues.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
That's because you have a large bandwith of luminosity in that sequence. You need to use the rotate and stretch slider to bring the orange compensation curve as close to the horizonatl middle line as possible. The rest of the brightness adjustments you do on the keyframes in Lightroom.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Paul@absolutediving.co.uk
Thanks for the feedback. I have pushed the rotate and stretch sliders and it helped a lot. Then i ran several iterations of the Visual Deflicker to really smooth it out. It done a great job in the end only sad part was the clouds rolled in just as the Milky way came out :-(
#4 Gunther
That's nature...

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: