• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Creating multiple versions of a timelapse using virtual copies?

#1 vork22
Hello, I have a folder of RAW images in LR that I have already ran through LRTimelapse but now I am interested in creating a virtual copy of that folder in LR so that it duplicates the XMP files, but not the raw images (just like a virtual copy) so I can do a completely different edit with LRTimelapse without affecting my first version.

Does anyone have any tips on how to easily create virtual copies of all of the images in a LR folder into a new folder?
Thanks
#2 Gunther
You can't work with Virtual Copies when doing timelapse. The reason is, that Lightroom doesn't export XMP files for them and therefore LRTimelapse doesn't see them.

The intended way to make multiple different edits of one timelapse sequence is to work with "Snapshots" in LRTimelapse. Top right of the table you find icons to save and load snapshots. Those will store a copy of all adjustments for the whole sequence to a snapshot and allow you to reload that later. There is a couple of tutorials where I explain this, check out the expert tips tutorials: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/expert
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Oich
(2013-05-07, 15:36)gwegner Wrote: Use the snapshot-feature of LRTimelapse, it will allow you to do exactly that. Don't bother trying Lightrooms virtual copies, they wont migrate.

Hi Gunther,
Thank you for answering Vork22 question.
I have made a snapshot in LRTimelapse of a folder as I would like to do the same as Vork22 and I see the warning "loading a snapshot will overwrite your current editing.
If you want to preserve it, please save it as a separate snapshot first".

Does that mean saving it in Lightroom, I see (I think) that the keyframes are now stored in the Quick Collection of Lightroom, so my question is how can I have access to both of the copies of this folder?
Apologies to all who are reading this who feel that this is a basic question but the snapshot is not something that I have used before.

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards,
Oich
#4 Gunther
The warning is only because you didn't save first. If you load a snapshot and have unsaved changes, the loading will overwrite them.
Just try the snapshot feature. Save first, create snapshots whenever you need them and then revert to them.

Please not that any of the Lightroom Collections (including the quick collection) will be visible from outside - say for LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: