• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cropping Intermediary Files?

#1 kevin obrien
I'm not very experienced with LRtimelapse and I'm trying to figure out the process detailed below prior to working thru all the steps:

I have a sequence of Canon RAW (CR2) timelapse images that has a slight camera movement. I've been able to eliminate the movement by loading the images as a stack in Photoshop and aligning them and then exporting the layers of the resulting psd file out as jpgs (or tifs or psd).

The resulting images (once exported as files from the PSD document) need a slight crop to compensate for the alignment ... which won't be a problem as I want the final crop to be 16x9 anyway. 

My options for exporting the layers as individual files are jpg, psd and tif

However... I'd like to load and work with the original CR2 RAW files in LRTimelapse and THEN run the intermediary files produced by LRTimelapse thru the above mentioned stack/align process in Photoshop, crop them to 16x9 in Photoshop, and then render them in LRTimelapse. 

Will this work? Any input on potential problems or things to watch out for avoid?  Thanks in advance for any constructive input...
#2 Gunther
I'd suggest to do the whole process in LRT/LR then export the sequence via LRTExport as JPG or TIFF intermediary sequence and do your final adjustments on that intermediary sequence. If you export it again from PS with the same names, you can then even render the final video in LRT.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 kevin obrien
Thanks for the quick reply... I'll try what you have suggested. Cheers!

...also check out: