• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Datetime original decimal

#1 djoubert
A question about the "Datetime original".
So far, I well understood that the exif data from my Canon 6D provides an information without decimal value,
meaning the precision is second.
Then regarding the LRtimelapse display I have decimal values for Datetime original ...
some sequences with decimal values like 77,16,56 ... then 00,00, / I should have always 00 / some sequences with always values different of 00
Then interval values seems to be calculated including the decimal values, leading to variable value ?
Thank you to explain if I badly look or if there is an explanation.
I need to be sure about the interval value, because using a star adventurer mount with the astro lapse feature,
it seems that the interval is not constant..., I would be sure to submit the issue...
Thank you
Dominique
#2 Gunther
Additionally to the Exif field "DateTimeOriginal" Modern cameras also offer the field "SubSecDateTimeOriginal".
If LRTimelapse finds this field, it will use it for a display of one decimal place after the seconds.
Please note that small deviations of up to 0.2 seconds might be normal, it's not said that the are necessarily being caused by the intervalometer, it could also be the camera causing some delays, especially if you are working with very short dark times.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 djoubert
Thank you very much Gunther to have answered si quickly and provided me with these information.
Not to expect more information from you, just to add the context for some others users... :
On my side using a tool to have the the exif value, I discovered that for my Canon 6D, the value "Date/Time Original" is given with 2 decimals for second.
I agree with your point that we cannot consider the reliability with 2 decimal due to possible delay...
One decimal is enough regarding my need.
unfortunately, it seems that the decimal values provided by Canon are not reliable at all...
time to time "significative" values ( ex : 04.51, 50.13, 32.86 etc... ) then sometimes a sequence starting with such significatives values, then only .00, .00 ..., having an x.5s interval requested...
So clearly LRtimelapse helps me giving intervals with one decimal, except that from Canon I cannot rely on their inputs...

...also check out: