• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Auto Transition in LRT is changing the Date Time and Date Time Original fields

#1 greg_priestley
Auto Transition in LRT 5.6.1 (Mac) is changing the Date Time and Date Time Original fields for the intermediary images to be the same value as the first image values in the sequence. It should not touch the dates and time fields at all.

LRT did not do this previously - I have the same workflow that I've been applying for 18 months and this month it broke, and I've finally traced it to these date fields being changed after processing in LRT.

See screen shots below:

1. In Lightroom - new test Sequence - the Date Time Original, Date Time Digitalized, Date Time field for each image are all set identically (correctly). Process Keyframes. Save all XMP files.
2. In LRT - load sequence.
3. In LRT - after Auto Transition. Save XMP
4. In Lightroom - Read Metadata from File for all files. Date Time Original, Date Time field for each of the non keyframe images are all now incorrect and have the value from the first image in the sequence.

This has now affected about 40 of my sequences before I realised that it was completely breaking the dates - which impacts on some of the other processes I need to undertake.

So in addition to addressing the bug above, any suggestions on how to fix the broken sequences?

I've found that if I remove the following lines out of the XMP files:
xmp:ModifyDate
xmp:CreateDate
exif:DateTimeOriginal
photoshop:DateCreated
and Read Metadata from File in Lightroom, Lightroom will pick up the correct date times from the original file.

Any suggestions on how I could run through the 40 sequences x approx 1800 - 2000 images / sequence to remove these lines? I know I could definitely do it in BASH somehow but I'm not really proficient with that and don't really want to continue trial and error with Google searches trying to work it out (I've already spent about 3 hours troubleshooting to get to this stage). If you happen to know what command I could run to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Greg
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Thanks for reporting. I'll analyze this and come back to you asap.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Gunther
I've uploaded 5.6.2 which should fix this issue, also for sequence that have been edited with 5.6.2:
From the release notes:

Code:
- Important fix: Auto transition could alter some date/time fields in the metadata. Fixed. Also when loading a sequence that is affected by this, LRTimelapse 5.6.2 will fix this and require you to save the metadata (red first column after loading). After that do "read metadata" in Lightroom and the Date/Time fields will be correct again.
Please test and let me know.
#4 mccarthy@cafe52.com
Thank you for your super support of this great software.
#5 greg_priestley
Thanks for fixing so quickly.

I've done some quick tests and the bug appears to be resolved.

I haven't had any success with the latest version fixing the previous data which was changed. I do note that I had previously deleted all the hidden .lrt folders after I had finished processing in case you are relying on something here to detect and correct.

Regardless, I was able to fix all the dates on my Mac by running the following commands in Terminal in each of the relevant folders, and then Read Metadata from File for all the sequences.

sed -i '' '/xmp:ModifyDate/d' ./*.xmp
sed -i '' '/xmp:CreateDate/d' ./*.xmp
sed -i '' '/exif:DateTimeOriginal/d' ./*.xmp
sed -i '' '/photoshop:DateCreated/d' ./*.xmp

Thanks
Greg
#6 Timelapsejunkie
I just happened to instal 5.6.1 and then process and export 11,161 images in a batch export. Almost every rendered sequence has this bug, and all my keyframes seem to be slapped together at the end of the file.

Is there any way to fix this with sequences that have already been effected? I just pushed out 68 timelapses like this for a quick turn around project and now I'm pulling my hair out.
#7 Gunther
As I described, the update 5.6.2 should allow you to fix it. Check out the release notes: https://lrtimelapse.com/de/news/please-u...rtant-fix/

Also you might be able to just change the sort order to filename in Lightroom (on the toolbar (T) in grid mode) as a work around to regain the right sort order.
#8 Timelapsejunkie
So far, what I am doing is going into the exported jpeg sequences, finding the keyframes, then sorting in Lightroom by filename, and then renaming the keyframe jpegs to fit inside the sequence where they belong. So if the sequence had a keyframe at frame 55, then I will rename the corresponding keyframe as LRT_00055_1 and it sits where it should be.

Edit: Actually it doesnt seem to export correctly like this. There are still weird stutters. Still working on it.

Thank you for fixing this bug so quickly. It seems I just picked the wrong day to process so many timelapses Sad
#9 Gunther
So, why don't you try to let LRTimelapse fix the sequences by loading them into LRTimelapse 5.6.2, then hit save and after that go to Lightroom and read the metadata for the whole sequemce. This is the official way.
#10 Timelapsejunkie
I have already exported over 11,000 images this way. If I could just fix the order of the exported jpegs, that would be better than re-exporting all of the thousands and thousands of jpegs that I already have copies of.

But the way it is rendering the jpegs doesnt seem to like 55_1 etc as a naming sequence, it still seems to shuffle them around. I dont quite understand what's going on, but if I have to reload and reexport all these images, that will lose me another 2 days of work vs a few hours of renaming files.

I would love another workaround if possible.

...also check out: