• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Day to night transition with ND- when remove it ?

#1 Gaétan
Hi Gunter,
During the day part, nd filter (10 stops) allows slow speed which reduces the flikering that is a good thing. But when the light fades? you increase the ISO. (100-1600 4 stop)?
The question is, When remove it and what happend after? or what I'm not understand ??

I thought using a vario ND, but you do not recommended in your excelent book for reasons of color shift.

Do you know the filter
Schneider - True-Match Vari-ND

Thank
#2 Gunther
Hi, in such situation I avoid using an ND filter, even in the daylight part because it can get tricky to remove it without shifting the camera and even trickier to level the resulting color-shift and difference in vignetting afterwards.
ND Filters are a weak measure to really remove flicker. If you consider my tipps for removing flicker when shooting (for example in my EBook) you won't have much issues with flicker anyway - remaining flicker can be dealt with in LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 yostopia
(2012-06-28, 12:06)gwegner Wrote: Hi, in such situation I avoid using an ND filter, even in the daylight part because it can get tricky to remove it without shifting the camera and even trickier to level the resulting color-shift and difference in vignetting afterwards.
ND Filters are a weak measure to really remove flicker. If you consider my tipps for removing flicker when shooting (for example in my EBook) you won't have much issues with flicker anyway - remaining flicker can be dealt with in LRTimelapse.

Gunther, are you saying that in these situations (going from daylight to dusk/evening or the other way) you don't use an ND filter and instead opt for a faster shutter speed to control exposure? (I'm assuming that the lowest iso of 100 is still too high to capture images at 180-degree shutter speeds, and also assuming that you're shooting wide open.)

Thanks...

-g
#4 Gunther
Yes, that's right...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: