• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Default Startup Settings for DSLRDashboard

#1 jordaninglee
Hey all - is there any way to have setup default startup settings for DSLRdashboard? I'm trying to use it as my external monitor for video, and would love to be able to have it fire up with the some OSD ect. Is this possible?
#2 Gunther
I don't think it's a good idea to use qDDB as external monitor, because you will have a considerable lag between the image and reality. Better connect a screen via HDMI to the camera. This is much better. Such screens start very cheap.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jordaninglee
Yeah I understand, but external monitors don't offer touch screen control, changing of settings, ect ect. and anything small with high NIT screens are really expensive.

I'm currently using it on ios and WIFI as a monitor with an iPhone 11 and Nikon Z6 and the latency is minimal - it's just a pretty bad refresh rate - est 15-20 FPS? How is the refresh rate with OTG?

*I actually just bought a used LG G7 for $100 that is OTG and has a 1000nit screen, so I guess I'll see for myself...

If I change the quality in DSLR Dashboard it gets better. but that leads aback startup settings - is there any way to setup some default startup settings so if you loose connection you don;t have to menu dive again...
#4 Gunther
I think you'd need to contact the qDslrDashboard developer via dslrdashboard.info.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: