• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 tylerbliss
So I've been playing around with this program for a few days with limited results. No success on the deflicker, here is the clip im working on: https://vimeo.com/126661963

I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem to be affecting the files at all. Lrt seems to read everything right, but the lightroom export is almost as if the files are unchanged. I've used the animated reference area as well, and place it in between the buildings over the sky where lighting is consistent. Tried the non-deflicker workflow and the deflicker workflow.

I have the latest java, 64 bit
LRT4
Light Room 6

I had lightroom 5 installed so maybe that messed things up?

For whatever reason, after following every tutorial I've had no luck deflickering this clip. I think there is a software conflict or something. I also can't launch the large memory version(1gb small version only) so have been using the jar file instead. My computer has quad core 16gb ram.

Any help would be appreciated.
#2 CodyPayne
Im having the same problem here. I think its a software issue
#3 Gunther
First: if you launch the jar file, you will get the least amount of memory provided, that possible. So don't do this please!
Just use the normal launcher on windoes (no need at all to use large memory) because the normal launcher will just provide memory according to the memory available.

Second: I don' know, from just watching your sequence, if there might be a problem of metadata not being applied.
The sequence does not show much flicker, what you see is the shadows of the clouds hiding the sun and making the buildings change brightness. This is not flicker. The sky is not flickering. If you remove the effect on the buildings, the sky will start to flicker. This is a natural change of light conditions.
Any good time lapse photographer would shoot a sequence like this on a day with not so many clouds to avoid this and he would as well use shorter intervals to get slower movements and an ND filter to smoothen the movements even more.

So - try using the normal launcher, check if metadata is traveling from LRTimelapse to Lightroom, to exclude technical problems. And then go and shoot that sequence again. I'm sure LRTimelapse is not the limiting factor here.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Gunther
@CodyPane which Problem do you have?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 CodyPayne
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-defl...king--6432

I posted here but no response
#6 tylerbliss
I got mine figured out, haven't really had to use deflicker but the holy grail works wonders and super easy to use. Thanks G!

...also check out: