• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse 4.7.6 Pro - problems with deflicker

#1 Ekoli
Hello!
I use LRTimelapse 4.7.6 Pro and Lightroom 5.4.
I studied a lot of Gunther Wegner's tutorials, but I can't understand the part with the deflicker. Finally, after rendering, the video clip has flicker. For editing in Lightroom I used only white balance, Vibrance +9, Saturation +12.
Another question I do not understand: in what situation do I use that rectangle? In what area is it done? How big should the rectangle be? In what area?
In my picture, where should I put that rectangle? How big should it be?
Thanks and excuse my writing, I do not know English very well.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
There is a comprehensive deflicker tutorial on https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/ - please watch that, it will most likely answer your questions.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Ekoli
I have watched the tutorial in the link many times, but I do not understand the explanation of that rectangle (rectangular area). https://youtu.be/x3Xhr3_oglA
#4 Gunther
The rectangle allows you to set a reference area which will be used to determine the flicker. That reference area should cover an area, where you have the flicker isolated, for example on the sky - and no other disturbances like cars, people etc. passing by.
With the reference area you can prevent the Deflicker from trying to compensate for changes in brightness, that are no flicker, like cars etc.
#5 Ekoli
Thank you very much!
My flicker is very obvious in the sky.
In the picture below is it correct how I drew the rectangle? Or was it just in the sky area?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#6 AndyMc
Hi Ekoli,
You may want to clean up your sequence folder.
In the photo in your original post, looking at the table, some of the frames have been repeated for some reason - a NEF and a Dng. You can easily identify in the interval column by a zero instead of a 3.
If you see a little stuttering in the sequence, this may be the reason.
Thumbs Up
#7 Ekoli
Hello!
Indeed, I do not know how those frames appeared, but they were not the reason for the flicker.
#8 Gunther
You should put the reference area where there is no disturbances from the cranes. Try to find an area with blank sky, where no crane passes by, if possible.
Then make sure to actually apply and refine the deflicker - currently you only have set the reference area but no deflicker applied.
#9 Ekoli
''Then make sure to actually apply and refine the deflicker - currently you only have set the reference area but no deflicker applied.''
You mean I didn't have the purple line inside the green line? It's good?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#10 Gunther
In this screenshot now deflicker is applied and the pink curve looks smooth. If you still see flicker, it's because the reference area covers areas that have brightness changes other than flicker. In that case, draw a reference area (static if you get asked) that covers only an area of the sky.

...also check out: