• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deflickering drops transitions

#1 Thomas Vch
Hi everybody,

this is my first post and I really appreciate this forum for all the informations we can have !

I've made a sunset shot last day and I don't understand how Deflicker can be created like this.
Indeed, as in the screenshot 3 attached, I don't know why there are some deflickering drops values from picture 1115 to 1119 ( -0.039 to 0.018 to 0.021 to 0.034 to 0.035). During this period, there is no keyframe or something else that can affect deflickering transitions. Before and after these 5 deflickering values, all is smooth and clean (except one minor deflickering drop with the same issue).

The visual impact is a sudden drop on the colorimetry of the timelapse.

Have you ever get the same issue ? There is something I did wrong ?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

All the best,
Thomas.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I think deflicker is working well there, but you might have blown your highlights in the recording, since you did huge adjustments. For best results you should adjust the camera settings in steps of 1/3 stops, not bigger to stay in the dynamic range. Of course LRTimelapse cannot recover highlights that are blow. You might set a reference area for deflicker, as explained in the deflicker tutorial on https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Thomas Vch
Thanks Gunther for the tutorial link.
Indeed, maybe I have made too much adjustments in LR... Could it be the reason why deflickering has drop values ?
#4 Gunther
Sure, if you edit too much with non linear tools (blacks, whites, clarity, dehaze) in Lightroom, you might introduce contrast flicker which cannot be removed by visual deflicker. I suggest to start over (Metadata initialize) and see if editing less helps.
Next time remember to make the 1/3 stops adjustments only, this will help tremendously.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: