• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adjusting deflickering for single images (people passing by reference area)

Question
#1 Cumbo
How does one adjust the deflicker/exposure values for single images? For this sequence (see attachment), there are a couple of frames where people are blocking part of the reference area which causes the images to become over-exposed.

And what is the "Upright Version" column? Why does it change at this frame?

I also have a problem of getting deflickering applied on the clip. Even if I managed to find a reference area where there are no "abnormalities" and I get a perfectly smooth exposure curve, some frames are still over-exposed. These frames are such where the reference area has been different at one point and image has been over-exposed initially. I've started from scratch (clear all editing, saving metadata in Lightroom, initiated sequence again etc.) but still the changes do not seem to apply. I've even renamed the folder and the files before beginning and also deleted the .lrt folder inside the photo folder.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I'd like to be honest: this is a bad place for shooting timelapse. If people run in front of your camera, you'll never get a good result, no matter what you do.
If you play that back like this, you'll get a black blob popping up for 1/30th of a second, that not pleasant to watch.
Your best option might now be to remove images like the one that you showed in your screenshot.

Apart from that technically, such contrast changes will also introduce other weird effects in Lightroom (most likely what you are describing in the second part of your question), please watch Expert Tips video number #5:
https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/expert/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Cumbo
Yes, I have notived - and learned from the mistake since.

But I've managed to find an area in the sky which does not have any people passing. Getting exposure smooth in this area should make the sequence smooth is terms of exposure, too, but there is still deflickering. As if my deflickering does not affect the sequence. The visual luminance curve is perfectly smooth after deflickering but when checking some problematic images (people passing by), the exposure is clearly different in the reference area in adjacent photos.

Any way to fix this?
#4 Gunther
Did you watch the video that I've recommended in my last post? Please do.

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: