• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Display crooked?

Photo
#1 AREA52
Hi All,
Just received my Pro timer 2.5, but was disappointed to find the display is not mounted squarely on the aperture of the case, and the bottom row of display is cut off somewhat. See attached image.
Can this be fixed? It drives me kind of crazy everytime I look at the display, as a photographers we are constantly making cameras level and tweeking things to be square.
I could not find a forum or faults type contact elsewhere?

Steve
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I'm really sorry to hear, that you've got your LRT PT in such a condition. We a very carefully when assembling the devices, and no unit leaves our production site with a display like that. I can only assume, that this happened during shipping.
But it's quite easy to fix.
Just carefully remove the side cover (where you plug the cables). There are 2 small notches, which you can gently press in to get the cover off.
Now use a toothpick (or something made of wood or plastic, non conductive), introduce it at the side of the display and gently push it into postition. Using the flashlight function is a good way to see, if it's aligned. Then close the case again.

Let me know, how we went!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 AREA52
Thanks for your reply.
I was able to straighten it as described - now it won't drive me crazy every time I look at the display.
Cheers
Steve
#4 Gunther
Glad you got it going, enjoy!

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Evan
Hi There, I ordered a LRT Pro Timer through Amazon in Australia and received it a few days ago. Upon arrival the screen was crooked and it also had a rattling noise. After opening as your instructions in above message it appears the firmware update button has become dislodged. What should I do?

Cheers
Evan

...also check out: