• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Don't always warn about loading intermediary sequences

#1 brian_in_the_cloud
Currently, when loading a sequence that is named starting 'LRT_' a dialog pops up saying:

You are trying to load a intermediary render sequence from the LRTExport Lightroom-Plugin, Those sequences are not meant to be loaded directly into LRTImelapse. If you want to render that sequence again, please load it via File/Render.

Do you want to open the sequence anyway?

This feature request is to add a small check box at the bottom of this dialog that says:

Please don't ask me again.

When checked, these dialogs will never show up again for that user.

Explanation:

I run into this dialog all the time. What I do is a multi pass flow which typically involves using LRTimelapse for the initial RAW -> TIFF conversion with adobe camera raw (ACR), followed by batch processing this tiff sequence (without keyframes) in a number of different apps. This is similar to my still image workflow, and I like the results I can get here, especially with things like topaz denoise compared to what lightroom can do. I work in 16 bit tiff files all the way through, and find that I like to wait until the last step to do a final ACR pass with LRT. Some of my intermediary processing methods do change things like brightness and colors, so I like to use a final keyframes pass with ACR via LRTimelapse to make final adjustments. To do this, I convert the last 16 bit TIFF sequence into DNG files (a copy, I know) and then load it up with LRTimelapse for final adjustments.

I do appreciate this kind of dialog for new users, who likely have ended up here in error. But for users like me it's just an annoyance.

...also check out: