• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Speed up editing of multiple timelapse sequences (even more)

#1 identitaet
Hi Gunther,

first of all I would like to say thank you for the new LrTimelapse version and the tutorial on how to speed up editing of multiple sequences (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGCJMbgv5iQ) that helps a lot and it's great to see how the speed improved.

During the edit of my latest shootings I have noticed, that I continue to use the exact same sequence of interactions in LrTimelapse after making changes in Lightroom: Reload Keyframes > Auto Transition > Generate Visual Previews. Then moving to the next folder, letting the visual previews be generated in the background and going back to the folder once finished. Especially during complex sunsets/sunrises the there can be great changes in exposure or color in short amount of time and I always need three or more rounds of adjustments until everything looks as I would like to have it.

When working on a huge load of sequences, I think it could speed up the workflow even more to to have this exact sequence of interactions (Reload Keyframes, Calculate Auto Transition, Generate Visual Previews) as part of the menu when left clicking on a folders in the overview as part of the "Batch Processing" where we have visual previews and multi pass deflicker. It would be nice if this set of actions could be it's own batch processing unit.

Of course, I am not sure if this applies to the workflow of others as well, but I wanted to share this idea here.

Greetings,
Mathias
#2 Gunther
Hi Mathias,
thanks for your suggestion. I've also thought about this in the past. Unfortunately I found that calculating the auto transitions in a background task is not possible with the current architecture. This would mean a major rewrite of the code. I will keep this in mind and maybe give it another go in the future!
Fortunately, in LRT6 at least you don't need Reload anymore, because Auto Transition will reload the keyframes automatically.
And pressing on Auto-Transition and Activating the VP is really fast, just 2 clicks more before switching to the next folder. :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 identitaet
Thanks for the detailed explanation! I almost thought something like this and totally agree: it's not worth the effort to refactor large parts of the code.

And agreed, with the new version it's absolutely amazing, how fast it is.

...also check out: