• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Easy re-render from LRT using information from current folder

#1 fveldmans
Currently the Render Video screen uses the last used setting in the task/output video file or leaves it empty. It would be easier for the user if the information from the currently selected source folder is used. This makes it faster to re-render any video.

When you click the Render Video button:
Assuming intermediate sequences have already been generated from Lightroom, would it be possible that LRT automatically selects the right task and output file based on the folder that is selected in LRT itself? This would need a link between the folder (that contains the source RAW files) and the path to the intermediate sequence and output video file. I saw this information is already available in the .lrt\.lrtsequenceproperties file stored in the source folder.

So the workflow would be:
1. First time, generate sequence and video file from the export plugin in Lightroom.
2. Second time, when you want a different video (e.g. without motion blur or different resolution) you go to LRT, select the correct source folder, click the Render video button and you have all data automatically set up in the Render Video part of the dialog. Make the change to the post processing configuration and click Render Video.
#2 Gunther
Thanks for your suggestion. My thoughts when designing this were, that the use case of re-rendering a video from already exported intermediaries would be independent from the loaded sequence. Why would you wait for the loading of the original sequence into the main window, if you only want to rerender? The whole Render feature was originally totally independent from any loaded sequence. You can even select multiple intermediary folders at the same time and let them batch render while working on a totally different sequence in the main window.

I'd put this to discussion here, looking forward what others have to say about this idea. What I could imagine is a button in the export dialog that would be active, if the sequence in the main window already has exported intermediaries and would then allow to directly load that intermediary sequence into the render dialog instead of having to go through the select folder dialog.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: