• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Edited]Grow light vs Regular LED light for strawberry plant 40 days

#1 aleksejs.saveljevs
This time some experiment about lights.
Was pretty interesting to do something like that, unfortunately only one berry.

Around 19k Pictures for each plant in total, interval of 3 minutes.
LRTimelapse export settings: Codec Prores, 60FPS, Quality very high, Sharpness on.

https://youtu.be/2sof3ZjQHhg

EDIT: Didnt want to make another thread, so decided to edit and make this one better Smile)

Finally finished another experiment with food, this time it was comparision between Fresh and Frozen food, that we get in our stores, the results, for me, were interesting and unexpected.

Total time of TL was 14 days, a total number photos roughly 5,6k with interval of 3 min.
LRT export settings: 30 FPS, PROres, Ultra high, sharpness to highest, 4k resolution.

New experiment video is here: https://youtu.be/q8UdWxcLXvo
#2 c_joerg
Interesting.

I also always wondered if a grow lamp would do anything.
But it doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe it was also the lack of water?
Was the lighting 24h?

With the growth lamp I would have been more concerned that the colours cannot be corrected so well. Since the colours are rather very dull, it's hard to judge.

My idea was to turn off the grow lamp while taking pictures to switch to a different lighting.

Why did you choose 60fps? That doesn't help with time-lapse plants and reduce YouTube date rate.
#3 aleksejs.saveljevs
But it doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe it was also the lack of water?
It is possible, we struggled with right amounts of water, hence there were little insects visible on soil.
Was the lighting 24h? Regular LED was On 24/7 , grow light was on for about 2 and a half minutes between each picture.
For the moment of phototaking growing light would turn off and lowflicker LEDS would turn on, reach their normal working, and then a camera would take a picture.

With the growth lamp I would have been more concerned that the colours cannot be corrected so well. Since the colours are rather very dull, it's hard to judge.
It definately affects photo. It gives a lot of purple light.

Why did you choose 60fps? That doesn't help with time-lapse plants and reduce YouTube date rate.
I am not that familiar with what works best for youtube, what would you suggest? I thought that with 60 fps it would look more smooth.
#4 c_joerg
Quote:Regular LED was On 24/7 , grow light was on for about 2 and a half minutes between each picture.
All right, then i understand it…
Quote: I am not that familiar with what works best for youtube, what would you suggest? I thought that with 60 fps it would look more smooth.
60fps Only make sense with quick changes. For plants time lapse I would always take 30fps.
#5 aleksejs.saveljevs
Thanks for advice, i will try 30 in future video!

...also check out: