• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo
#1 seawildearth
Nothing changed between making one successful sequence and now for some reason this same sequence won't complete the final render, I keep getting this message. I used a copy of the master CR2 files as I always have done. Then carried out all steps as required and prescribed as I have done many times previously. It is only with this sequence that I get this message. I exported intially as TIF files and got the error so tried again exporting as jpeg which in both instances was fine, it's just tripping over when it gets to final render?

[Image: http://pixelhobo.photography/wp-content/...essage.jpg]

Cheers,
Mark
"A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live"
#2 Gunther
I assume, your destination folder might be full. Those TIFF files can get huge. Please check the log (info menu / show log) it will tell you what's going wrong and where you can find your temprary render file.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 seawildearth
Destination Folder has over 100GB available. I resorted to also trying with the created 4K Jpeg files as the master files and went through the Basic Workflow with them as they have already had the adjustments made. To give LRTimelapse something to do with the transition calculations I changed -5 exposure on frame 1 and +0.5 on the final frame #1008. This again resulted in the same error message.

I am running the render again to see if it repeats and if so will then have the log info to look at and send.

Cheers,
Mark.
#4 seawildearth
Hey Gunter,
There is an obvious issue with the software. I cannot get the log file to display. Also it won't show some other simple instructions such as More about LRTImelapse etc. I am working on an iMac and just upgraded to the latest Yosemite version OSX 10.10.5. Wondering if that would be an issue?

Any ideas?
Mark.
#5 Gunther
Did you restart the computer and tried it again? Maybe something got stuck.

I'll need the log file after this happens - on your mac you'll find it in ~/Library/Application Support/LRTimelapse
Something is crashing there in background, otherwise you would be able to open the log via the info menu.

Maybe increaseing the memory provided to LRTimelapse may help too:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-mac-...rtimelapse
#6 seawildearth
Hi Gunter,
I rendered one sequence this morning, went fine. The second one gave me back the same Error message. I noted it mentioned 'Too Large' as the final characteristic of each failed incident. Would that relate to the finished file? As Jpegs they are not that big. Either way I have now edited the Xmx on my plist so will see what gives as I am now starting exporting again from Lightroom the sequence.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Mark.
#7 seawildearth
Hey Gunter,
Seems the issue was a dodgy HDD. Everytime I was exporting the master 4K file it had developed a glitch where it wouldn't accept the format. It had done previously so no idea why it started acting up, but it did. Once I set the output path to the startup disc it all went smoothly. I could then create a lower rez 1080P Backup to the external and a secondary master backup to a further drive which, at this time, has no issues with formatting. In all cases there was more than adequate space available on destination drives.

Cheers,
Mark.
#8 Gunther
This would of course be an explanation. Another reason might be that som file systems, for example FAT32 that is often been used for external drives has a file size limit of 4GB. Those 4K files might easily get bigger, then the process will fail too.
#9 seawildearth
Is there a way to reformat that drive without impacting anything that may already be on it? Or would I have to dump everything to another external?
#10 Gunther
Yes, you would have to copy everything to another drive first.
Sad --> About Export Error
zetserve
2019-08-17, 18:52
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: