• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

EXIFTool for Mac

#1 pcalvin
Is there another source for EXIFTool for Mac other than the link on this site? I have tried for two days to download it, but it stalls and won't complete the download. I have downloaded other, much larger files and done a speed test on my DSL line, so my internet connection is not the issue.
#2 Gunther
Hi, this is the link to the official ExifTool site: http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

I just downloaded it from there and it worked like a charm!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 walter.c.wallace@gmail.com
I have downloaded the exiftool and have followed the steps. But when I open LRtimelapse it says exiftool not installed. I just upgraded from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2
#4 Gunther
I think the newer exiftool installer will put exiftool into another location on mac to provide compatibility with Mac OS 10.11.
Try setting the path to exiftool in the LRTimelapse settings to /usr/local/bin/exiftool and restart LRTimelapse.

You should consider upgrading to the latest LRTimelapse 4, since I do not officially support LRT2 anymore and you will have much better and easier workflows with LRT4!
http://lrtimelapse.com/news/lrtimelapse-4-this-is-new/
#5 walter.c.wallace@gmail.com
I just upgraded to the version 4, but my license has not arrived yet. I do not see where we can enter in the [font=Open Sans, Myriad Pro, Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]/usr/local/bin/exiftool inside LR [/font][font=Open Sans, Myriad Pro, Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]time-lapse[/font][font=Open Sans, Myriad Pro, Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]. Where do I enter this in at? Will I have to do this step again once my license for LRTimelapse 4PRO comes in?[/font]
#6 Gunther
You don't have to do anything with exiftool. The LRTimelapse intaller will take care of everything. I've emailed you regarding your license key.

...also check out: