• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail Wizard on Lightning Timelapses

#1 dustin_farrell
I sometimes shoot with shutter stepping during storm time-lapses that have lightning flashes. Would be great to use the Holy Grail Wizard to only smooth my exposure stepping but leave the exposure alone otherwise?
#2 Gunther
H Dustin,
One think important to know is, that the progression of the Holy Grail correction curve will also depend on the reference area set for deflickering. That means, if you can isolate a region of the image that isn't affected by the lightning, you could set a reference area there (draw a rectangle into the preview panel), then apply the holy grail wizard and later even change the reference area before deflickering.

Apart from that, smaller edits to the correction values can be done manually in the Table on the Lum-Leveling column. Double click will bring up the table editor. Of course, this can be cumbersome.

I will see, if I can add a way to turn off or configure the intensity of the initial deflicker, which happens together with the holy grail wizard for such cases like you are working on.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: