• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

exporting time lapses quick time pro problem

Tongue
#1 bognorphotographer
i am having problems exporting my time lapses from quick time pro i need to save my files as photo jpegs but the standard video compression window will not open fully, it just keeps my mac (old 1.6Ghz 2.5 GB sdram G5 still good for most stuff i need) spinning for ever but i can see compression type H.264 selected and the other setting but i can not select any other options as it still thinking but never opens! why is this happening how do i get round it?

my work flow is: 300 images shot on a 5d mark II medium jpegs opened in Light Room cropped to 16:9 then exported and opened in quick time i can save a .mov H264 giving me files sizes of 14 mb for a 16 second time lapse, mp4 9 mb. the only way i can get large files is saving as a self contained movie then i get 300mb files.

i need to save my files 1920 x 1080 photo jpeg codec as i want HD quality.
i am sure there is a simple way round this?

thanks guys!
#2 Gunther
Sorry, I don't fully undestand you problem. Why don't you render the movie with Lightroom? It's much easyer and the PRO Templates should give you all the quality you need.

If really you need to use Quicktime and go with intermediate JPGs you will have to call the Quicktime support, I don't know how that works, sorry...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bognorphotographer
(2012-03-12, 21:03)gwegner Wrote: Sorry, I don't fully undestand you problem. Why don't you render the movie with Lightroom? It's much easyer and the PRO Templates should give you all the quality you need.

If really you need to use Quicktime and go with intermediate JPGs you will have to call the Quicktime support, I don't know how that works, sorry...

i am new to this but certain stock libraries will only accept photo jpeg codac i am confused between exporting files from quick time pro and the difference when exporting from Light Room. what is the codac when exporting from light room and how big are the files? my understanding is a 15 sec 1080 HD time lapse should be around 300mb saved as a photo jpeg codac .mov when i have used H264 .mov my files are about 30mb in size for a 15 sec 1080HD time lapse???

...also check out: