• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exposure Adjustments needed in Lightroom

#1 StefanH
Following your “Holy Grail” tutorial I have a few question; after having gone through the sequence and made additional none “Holy Grail” key frames, going through them, (4 star key frames) and making the needed adjustment, there is a need to use the Exposure slider which you mention not to do (the other sliders are not enough). The sunset sequence I am working on begin with overexposed and end with somewhat under exposed photos.

My thinking was to start by over exposing, still within adjustable range, to keep it within the dynamic range longer requiring fewer adjustment but that does not seem to fit the LR Timelapse “Holy Grail” workflow.

I realize that the “Holy Grail” exposure adjustment key frames depend on the in-camera recorded exposure values. At what point in the “Holy Grail” workflow can I make the needed exposure adjustments in Lightroom?

Please advice and thank you for taking the time to produce very thorough and informative tutorials.
#2 Gunther
Hi Stefan, if you have watched the Holy Grail tutorial, I showed there that it's a two step process. In the first step you try to get a rough estimation of the overall exposure by shifting/rotating the yellow curve and double checking in Lightroom.
In the second step, you create the second level of keyframes (the green 4* keyframes) and then you are advised to not change the exposure anymore to not destroy the HG-Adjustments, instead if you still have to do bigger brightness changes, just use the parametric tonecurve for that. Hope I could help!

You might want to get yourself my EBook where all this is explained in written form as well, see below in my signature.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Lightroom 6
gregm
2015-04-26, 09:54
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: