• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

(Firefall Shots) Big jump flicker - keyframes couldn't adjust the exposure changes

#1 brucereyes
Hello all — I need help with my timelapse that I recently shot. There will be big flickers (attached screenshot). I already watched and read a lot of answers in the forum, but I have not found a solution to this. Is there any way to save the footage? How do I set the exposure of the keyframes to reduce the big flicker here? I appreciate all the help!

I attached sample settings of the first two keyframes of the photo. In Lightroom, the exposure looks close to me, and it doesn't have the jump that you can see in LRTIMELAPSE. I am not sure why it didn't follow the settings that I had? Based on some of the answers in the forum, it was because of the holy grail wizard, which I made sure that will be straight

Please help! Thank you

Keyframe 1 will be the first KF
Keyframe 30 will be the second KF
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I don't see any flicker there, I see some "steps" where the camera was adjusted which the Holy Grail Wizard didn't remove or didn't remove completely. So there 3 possibilities why this could have happened:
1) misconfiguration of the masks-versions (double check that the setting for Masks Version in LRT conforms with your Lightroom verision!) - if it's wrong, correct it and then redo the sequence from scratch via "Metadata / Initialize".
2.) Misusage of the masks/gradients - if you added or removed masks/gradients the Holy Grail Wizard won't work.
3.) The corrections were applied, but due to inaccuracies in the Exif Data, the Lightroom editing etc. they are not enough to fully compensate the steps. That's why you have the Visual Deflicker, which you didn't seem to have applied yet.

Concluding: Check the masks version, and if it's correct set a reference area and do a couple of deflicker passes. Check out my new basic tutorial and the deflicker tutorial to learn about the reference area. https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 brucereyes
Thank you so much! Ill will follow all your instructions. For reference, the deflicker should be able to adjust the ‘steps’ correct? Ive had to do a lot of de flickering in the last.

Is 10 deflicker pass practical? Have you ever had the need to more than 10 in the past?
#4 brucereyes
Hello! I followed your advice, and it helped a bit but the 'step' is still there. I used the internal LRT mask, and not sure if that's the issue here. I did not have any edits in dehaze or clarity. I passed 15-18 deflickers already, and it seems that the step does not go down.

Do I have to deflicker more or what can I do in order to help smoothen the curve? Thank you! Attached the updated screenshot
#5 brucereyes
Sorry I could not attach a file in the reply, but I applied a reference area + deflickered it. Will adding KF before the big 'step' happens help?
#6 Gunther
Normally after 3 deflicker steps everything is smooth. If the steps don't go away by deflickering, something is wrong.
Often it helps to start over from scratch and do a fresh editing via "Metadata / Initialize".
Quote:I used the internal LRT mask, and not sure if that's the issue here.
I don't know what exaclty you mean - but there are 3 "Internal Masks" that LRTImelapse uses internally, you must not change these. Then there are 4 linear masks and 2 circular ones which you can edit.#
If deflicker and holy grail don't work most likely something with your masks is wrong. Please try the fresh editing as I said.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: