• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Firmware 29 for LRT PRO Timer 3.0 and 2.5

#11 Gunther
If you think it's a defect, you'd need to contact the seller where you bought it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 goodwin
I just bought another LR Pro Timer 3 for my Phase One bag and it was at firmware 24. Plugged it in and it mounted and updated no problem. Tried again with my first timer and it does not mount and does not show up in the system information under USB. So I have to believe that the USB interface is not working correctly.
#13 Gunther
As I said, if it's a defect, please contact the seller. If you bought it via Amazon.com the seller is ACE. I can provide the contact, if you send me an email.
#14 Fred29-360
Hello Gunther, hello everyone.

I'm really struggling to update my Pro Timer 3 v24
Nothing helps, I tried several cables, I know they are correct, I use them for other devices and they work very well, I tried two Windows 10 PCs (updated) and nothing helps, I can't do the update, the device is never recognized.

It is indicated (each time, on each PC, whatever the USB cable used):
"The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it.
Recommendation
Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still doesn't recognize it, your device may not be working properly. "

Ok, I already know that "A fault is of course never impossible, but in this case it is rather unlikely. Most of the times, such update issues are caused by the USB cable being used or the computer being swallowed wrong."

Does anyone have an other final solution?

Thanks in advance.

Cordially,

Frederic
#15 stoyanmar
Hi,

I was having a problem updating my Pro Timer 3 from firmware 23 to 29. I followed the instructions precisely, the timer mounts fine when I connect it to my Mac, but when I tried to copy the new firmware LRTimelapse_Pro_Timer_3.0_20.uf2 I got the following error: "The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code 100093)".

I did some research and it seems that the current version of MacOS Ventura has a bug that prevents Finder app from copying the file properly.

I am sharing this, so if anyone else Mac-based stumbles into it, can use this workaround to update the firmware:
1. Launch Terminal
2. Type: "cd Downloads"
3. Type: "cd LRTimelapse-Pro-Timer_3.0_29"
4. Then type: "cp -X LRTimelapse_Pro_Timer_3.0_29.uf2 /Volumes/LRTPROTIMER/"
5. Done. Resume with point 7 from the update procedure by Gunther.

IMPORTANT ASSUMPTIONS:
1. I assume you have downloaded the zip update file from LRT website into your Downloads folder.
2. I also assume I've double-clicked it so that it unzips as per the enclosed instructions by the creator.
3. Don't type the quote marks " above
4. If you're downloading a different version file (e.g. Pro Timer 2.5 instead of 3.0 or later than firmware 29) then you should change the filename in step 4 above accordingly.

Best,
Stoyan
#16 Gunther
Thanks so much! Will add this to the FAQ.
#17 WiilyA
Hallo Gunther,
Habe heute die FW Version 29 aufgespielt, seit dem muss ich immer nach jedem einschalten das Datum setzen ( Set date: 2165-165-165 Thu ) Gruss Willy
#18 Gunther
Das hat nichts mit der Firmware zu tun, sondern die Puffer Batterie für die Echtzeituhr ist vermutlich nach einigen Jahren leer. Es. Ist eine Knopfzelle, die du leicht selbst wechseln kannst. Wie das geht, ist in den FAQ zum Timer (ganz unten) beschrieben: https://LRTimelapse.com/lrtpt/faq
#19 WiilyA
Herzlichen Dank

...also check out: