• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

first frame of video render does not reflect metadata edits on LR

#1 smoak5
strange behavior i noticed on my renders.

The LR export images (the original jpgs) all come out perfect. When LRT renders the video, the video always has the very first frame as the original image from the camera (without the edits). I set the first frame as a key frame always and use the keyframe sync command as instructed. please help.

see attached image. the edited jpg is on the left. the first frame from the rendered video is on the right.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Double check that the first image in Lightroom is the first image in LRTimelapse too (compare the file names). Sometimes if you deleted a frame from LRTimelapse but not from the Lightroom catalog, strange things can happen.

Another thing to consider is, that if you render with motion blur plus the first frame of the video wouldn't necessariliy have the effect applied, it comes in on the first frames.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 smoak5
thank you gunther for replying.

you are correct. i rendered video without motion blur plus and the correctly edited frames are all there.
it truly is great piece of software you made. i am glad i bought it.

is it possible to have an updated version where motion blur plus is able to render the video so the first frame is edited?
also, in order to get the holy grail time lapse button to be clickable, do you have to use dslrdashboard or does the option become available when you shoot with constant aperture and ramp up the shutter and then the iso?

thanks for your time.
#4 Gunther
Hi, due to the way Motion Blur Plus works, it blends the images subsequently, so the first one cannot have the effect - the 2nd will blend with the first, the third with the first and second and so on. So the first is always the editied original but without the MBP effect.
Just remove the first few frames in the video editor when cutting a video.
When using lower settings for MBP, it's less noticeable too.

Holy Grail Wizard will be enabled (and is only needed) when you shot in M Mode and have changed ISO/Aperture/Shutter while shooting. Regardless if with qDDB or manually. In other cases you don't need the Holy Grail Wizard, thus it's deactivated.
#5 smoak5
Actually the first frame seems to be the UNedited version of the raw file. I was not asking for the motion blur to be applied to the first frame but rather have the first fram be the edited raw file that I did in Lightroom. Whenever motion blur plus is added , it renders the first frame as the unedited version. See my pic I attached in my first post. This seems to be a bug perhaps?
#6 Gunther
In my opinion this is not possible if you've done the workflow right. Motion Blur Plus applies when combining the intermediary JPG sequence (in the LRT_* folder) to the final video file. So check the JPG images in the intermediary sequence. If the first one is not edited, you did somehing wrong in the workflow, but then it will be unedited regardless if you use MBP or not. If it's edited, it will be edited in the final video too.
Maybe this understanding helps you to track down the issue.
#7 smoak5
I did do the workflow right. In my first post in this thread, the picture I posted is from the intermediary sequence from the LRT folder. The jpg in my attached photo is clearly edited (the one on the left). The first frame in the render video ( the one on the right) is clearly not.
#8 Gunther
I already told you that the LRTimelapse renderer has no access to the raw files, it just puts the intermediary files together into the video file.
The differences that you are seeing are most likely from the motion blur plus algorithm.
You can easily make a test: just edit the sequence in Black-and-White. Then reexport and render. You will see that the first image will be edited (black and white).
#9 esjay
Hi Gunther,
you keep answering different question.

The problem is, when motion blur is applied, first frame of the video is less saturated than the others. We are not talking about MB effect to be applied to the first frame. Saturation on the exported jpgs is ok, but when exporting video with MB applied, first frame is different. I have tried different codecs, but nothing has changed.

And I dont think, that cutting first frame in postproduction is a proper solution.

Let us know, how to fix this.

Thank you in advance.
#10 smoak5
Thank you! Someone else actually understand ls the issue!

My work around? Take 3 quick shots before the start of the time lapse so I can later cut it out in post. Not ideal. But I think there is something wrong win the software.

...also check out: