• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flicker when objects enter frame

#1 cdelehanty
I've read that LRTimelapse has a difficult time deflickering time-lapse when random objects quickly enter frame and its best to avoid using non-linear tools when editing those shots. Even with simple edits LRTimelapse can't seem to handle small bits of flicker created by these objects in the foreground. I've tried cropping out these objects but it seems like LRTimelapse still gathers luminance from the uncropped image data. I've also tried using a reference area but I still get flicker. The time-lapse itself is fine but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get LRTimelapse to ignore these objects. The only other thing I haven't tried is to export a jpeg and deflicker using the cropped jpeg.

Has anyone had success with this issue?
#2 Gunther
It's not LRTimelapse. It's Lightroom. LRTimelapse works totally linear, Lightroom unfortunately not with all tools, even if you cropped. Check out my faq about dehaze (faq page)

Mobile via Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 cdelehanty
(2017-06-11, 03:32)gwegner Wrote: It's not LRTimelapse. It's Lightroom. LRTimelapse works totally linear, Lightroom unfortunately not with all tools, even if you cropped. Check out my faq about dehaze (faq page)

Mobile via Tapatalk.

Hey Gunther,

Yeah, the tools in Lightroom are non-linear. I did a number of passes on one time-lapse. Some with really simple edits - one with only small changes to exposure and one with no changes to any of the keyframes. It seems like nothing I did could reduce flicker when an arm or head popped into the very bottom of the frame.

I know it's hard to make a call when you can't see it yourself but I'm just curious if you've been able to recover any shots like the one i'm describing.

Thanks for your help,
Colin
#4 Gunther
If nothing helps, delete that frame. I normally always shoot with ND filters (highly recommend it to anyone) - this prevents such things from happening.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: