• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FPS change after export

#1 Krimolvig
Usually I choose a FPS of 23,976 when I render a video from LRTimeLapse. However, after upgrading to 5.5.2 the video turns out with a FPS of 23,98. Also when importing to Premiere the metadata says 23,98. I know the difference is minor, but I hate to always have to interpret every footage.

Kristoffer
Running Molvig Media Timelapse-company | Vimeo | Youtube | Facebook

#2 Pedro2008
And if you don’t interpret you see any difference ?
#3 Krimolvig
Well, it's hard to tell. The clip length change slightly when interpreting so I assume something is happening.
All my projects are edited in 23,976 and all my previous clips upon now are 23,976 so it would just make more sense to keep using that.

#4 Gunther
I didn't change anything on the fps handling 5.5.2. When you choose 23.976 this value is passed to the encoder.
Actually the encoder will encode with 24000/1001 which is the mathematically correct value.
In the media overview Premiere just shows the rounded number 23.98 (in comparison Resolve for example shows the correct 23.976).

You can also see the right number in Premiere: if you go into the "interpret footage dialog" there is an option "Use framerate from file" which shows 23.9760 and tells you that the file has the correct framerate.

If you manually interpret footage with a fixed value of "23.976" this might be wrong and cause a sligtly different playback length as you are experiencing it, because the actual unrounded value should be 24000/1001.

Bottom line: just use the files as they are, don't interpret them. Then everything will be ok. :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Krimolvig
As always, you have a solution to everything Gunther!
Thank you so much, no concerns needed then.

...also check out: