• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 stepik002
Hi,
firstly, i know, that this problem was discussed here multiple times and i've read every thread i could find. However i am still unable to solve this.

When i export sequence using LRTexport then render video using LRTimelapse renderer and import it into the Davinci Resolve (with enabled color management and correctly tagged...gamma 2.4, rec.709, correct levels) it looks different from Lightroom. It looks like some kind of gamma shift. Colors are little bit off too, but it could be caused by this gamma shift. (Screenshots in attachements)

Jpegs exported using LRTexport look as they should in IrfanView, video from Lrtimelapse renderer viewed in MPC-HC also looks same as photos in lightroom. But when imported to Resolve, both video and jpegs experience this gamma shift.

I tried rendering in Full and Video levels, exporting jpeg and tiff, rendering in bt.709 (with exports in bt.709 and bt.2020) and bt.2020, ProRes, h264, h265 and DNxHR....but nothing worked, gamma shift is still there.

Most strangely, the only solution that works is exporting without LRTexport plugin in sRGB and then importing theese jpegs into Resolve and there tag them with sRGB input color space. This produces same image as in lightroom.

I think i must be doing some stupid mistake which i am not aware of. I am turning to this forum, so hopefully someone can help me find what am i doing wrong.

I really like functionality and automatization of LRTexport plugin and it would be a shame if i had to shop using it because of this. Sad

Thanks a lot!
Stepan
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Did you check out this faq? https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-dav...s-with-lrt
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 stepik002
Hello Gunther,
yes i have already checked that faq. And it didn't help.

Thanks
#4 Gunther
Please allow me some time to review this.
#5 stepik002
Thank you :-) If you need more information, let me know.
#6 Gunther
Since this seems to be a configuration/setup problem in Davinci Resolve or your color management chain, I will give you some more tips on how to test.

Color management - especially comparing Photos to Videos is a very tricky and complicated matter. The transition from a photo to a video with the different Softwares doing color management differently involves quite a chain of processing. Then additional you have your OS / Monitor output which you shouldn't forget. You need to have the monitor properly calibrated and the color profiles being used by the involved programs (which is not always the case for Video players and Image viewers).

Just saying. There is a way larger chain involved than LRTimelapse itself.
I'm pretty confident that LRTimelapse renders proper Rec709 and especially Rec.2020 clips. This has been thoroughly tested, not only by me but also by other experienced colorists.

I'd always go for Rec.2020 combined with the export from the LRTExport plugin in Lightroom because then Lightroom will export in Rec.2020 (make sure that "Color Space: Export Narrow Gamut" is NOT checked in the LRTExport - also check the LRTExport log in Documents/LRTimelapse for missing profiles etc.) and the renderer will then transform those Rec.2020 images into Rec.2020 videos.

Try different video formats like H.265. Prores is known for be more tricky in DR, as I explained in the FAQ.

One more tip: use the waveform in DR to do the comparison between the different settings. Ideally use a Black to White gradient as Test image, this will make it easy to see what's going on - for examples if the levels are being misinterpreted.

As I said, I will also have a look at this, but since it seems to be more a general color management problem, I cannot prioritize it over all the other things I currently have on my agenda, I hope you understand that. Let me know if you find something out.

...also check out: