• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Premiere loads black screens with LRT .TIFF

#1 NAQProductions
I went through the tutorial for beginning with LRT (which was very thorough and well presented!) and followed all the steps. My workflow calls for exporting the TIFF files (with the LRT export) and then importing them into Adobe Premiere (22.0.0) on PC as a sequences and further animating the framing, text, etc. from there before creating my final export video. The problem comes when trying to import the TIFF files into premiere, every single one gives the following error :

Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file D:\Filename.tif

After doing some research online about the issue, it seems it's something to do with .xmp data conflicts, so I moved all my .xmp files into a subfolder which made no difference. So I then tried to export from Lightroom with Lightroom's native .tiff export and those images imported into Premiere with no issue. While I now have that as a work around, I did spend 3 hours yesterday exporting 200 gigs of LRT Tiff images for this project and was curious if I need to start the export over using the LR native export, or if there is still a fix to use the LRT exported .tiffs? Thanks!
#2 Gunther
LRT itself doesn't export any tiffs. Normally you would use the LRTExport plugin in Lightroom which creates the LRT_ intermediary sequence with either JPGs or TIFFs. The export happens natively in Lightroom, Tiffs will be LZW-Compressed.
The only thing I could imagine is that Premiere Pro might not accept the compressed tiffs.
In any case, I'd recommend to use the LRTimelapse rendering to render ProRes or DNRxHR video Master Files and bring them into Premiere. You won't really have a loss in quality, but editability will be much better.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 NAQProductions
Thanks for the reply, yea I was using the LRT plugin to export the TIFFs, didn't realized they were compressed. That is likely the issue. I also still prefer exporting TIFF from LR and importing a TIFF sequence into Premiere to make sure I'm not losing anything on the way in Smile

...also check out: