• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Harbortonics DigiSnap controller setup upgrade?

#1 kayasaman
Hi,

this is my first posting so I hope that I am in the right place?

I have been given a Harbortronics DigiSnap 2000 controller setup with weather proof box (that also has a solar panel on top), a little white dongle (which I don't know what does), a Canon Rebel T5 or is it TS? camera and a LiPo 11.1V 9Ah battery pack. They all connect to what looks like a power distribution PCB which seems to be controlled by the DigiSnap 2000.

Basically the system is totally EOL and obsolete now and even Harbortronics have been taken over by PhotoSentinal it seems.

Unfortunately the battery pack is old and not taking much charge any more so pretty useless for field work, I have looked around for a replacement but it seems to be specially built for this system using a custom size and specifically selected cells and again specific protection circuitry.

My questions essentially is what can I do to upgrade the system?

I'm not very familiar with Timelapse stuff so I admit that I have a lot learn. I have looked at various options including the MiOPS Smart+ which unfortunately only has 100 hours delay time between exposures.

Is there a way that I can continue using the enclosure and solar panel but instead use a different controller and power distribution board (if needed)?

Really I would need something that has a smartphone or tablet app to connect to it for set up and monitoring it. Something basically that could be programmed to a delay of several months or even years.....

What I do like with the DigiSnap 2000 is the TTY interface in that I can connect to it using Minicom (DEC VT102 emulator) on my Linux laptop; however, for field work it's not very practical and would probably prefer Bluetooth or Wifi.

Is there such a thing available without having to look to custom solutions such as a Raspberry Pi or Arduino SBC?

Many thanks.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 kayasaman
I read a little about the LRTimelapse system and this seems to have more functionality then most other systems. But, is it suitable for leaving over the course of a year unattended?

https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/

I guess I could find a solution for power since both camera and the LRTimelapse can take external power sources.

Does anyone have any experience with long term timelapse and would be able to suggest something?

Many thanks.
#3 Gunther
The LRT PRO Timer is an intervalometer. It interfaces with motion control systems but doesn't do any motion control on its own.
Many long term timelapse photographers use the LRT PRO Timer for their projects, they simply power the unit via any USB power supply, that's no problem.
The LRT PRO Timer offers a lot of benefits for long time shooters, like a time window in which the intervalometer would shoot, like from 8pm to 6pm for example. Check out the manual of the timer: https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/manual
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Jobrien
I have a ton of digisnap batteries and accessories. In fact I have a dozen digisnap pros (upgrade from yours) and every accessory.

I need to get rid of them all. I can sell you whatever you need, for next to nothing.

This offer also goes for anyone who reads this! I have complete kits, accessories. Whatever you need. Would sell for 85-90% off what I paid, to move them faster, because I have so many and no longer have a use.

...also check out: