• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Frame MoCo 3-axis motion controller project

#1 Sheeba
Hi Gunther, guys,
it's been a long time since my last thread here in the forum. In the meantime I was busy with the long-term power supply of cameras https://tlpbf.de/komponenten/ and also worked on a 2-axis version of my TLSMC. But I have repeatedly discarded these, not least because not enough information can be shown on the display of the Pro Timer free MEGA3.

In April of this year Johannes published this thread:
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-diy...ublication
I found that very interesting. Especially the control via a smartphone / tablet app.

In short, we got together, talked a lot on the phone, discussed and finally started a joint project with the aim of developing a 3-axis motion controller with all the necessary functions and always keeping an eye on “low budget”.
As a 2-man team, we have invested a lot of energy in programming, hardware design, the structure and ultimately in the documentation and are now proud to present the Frame MoCo here in the Forum:

Features
Hardware:
• Powerful ESP32 controller with Bluetooth and WLAN
• Silent Step Stick motor controller for noiseless operation, maximum efficiency and the best motor torque.
• Power supply via DC 12-24V or USB-C (QC3.0 / PD)
• 2 camera ports
Software:
• Control via Android app
• Simple, individual setup for a variety of stepper motors
• Controller firmware update via smartphone APP
• Motion timelapse with up to 3 axes and 4 individual positions
• Gigapixel, 360 ° Pano, focus stacking and other functions
You can find all information about the Frame MoCo in the attached hardware and software description. (Currently in German. The English version will follow shortly)

The Frame MoCo is ideally suited to control DIY sliders or DIY panorama heads with a stepper motor.
For everyone who would like to deal with the topic of motion timelapse etc., but the necessary budget is not available and are not afraid to lend a hand, we have also developed a Pan / Tilt Head and a DIY Carbon Slider, which I will show you in the next thread.
Except for a few cosmetic improvements, the hardware is in its final state. The software is also in a very stable state. A few extensions are already planned.

All functions have been extensively tested, but that's not enough for us and that's why we are looking for testers.

An ideal tester should already have dealt with motion timelapse, gigapixel, panorama, etc. A DIY slider or DIY panorama head would also be an advantage. An Android smartphone or tablet should also be available to install the Frame MoCo app.
We provide these testers with the Frame MoCo and, if required, the Frame PTH (Pan / Tilt Head) or Slider (see next thread) at an affordable price.
We expect intensive tests of the app functions and the parts with reports and, if necessary, error messages, suggestions for improvement are also welcome.

If you are interested, I am looking forward to an e-mail and will answer you with details.

After the tests and, if necessary, bug fixing, the Frame MoCo will be available as a simple kit (see hardware description).
Best regards,

Hans & Johannes
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   Frame_MoCo_Hardware.pdf (Size: 757.46 KB / Downloads: 41)
.pdf   Frame_MoCo_Firmware.pdf (Size: 1.27 MB / Downloads: 31)
#2 correturno
Hey sheeba i have been reading your proyect and I'd like to know more about it. The project is finished? can I buy the circuit boards . Please tell me something and if you'll send it to Malaga , Spain. Thanks for your quick response. Greetings from Spain.
#3 Sheeba
Hi Correturno,
Thank you for your interest in my motion controller. The MoCo is finished and I offer it for sale on my website https://tlpbf.de/components/?lang=en .
You can find a little used model here:
https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/f...2-245-9103

Shipping to Malaga is not a problem

Regards, Hans
#4 correturno
Ok thanks but I have a problem, if I buy your MoCo I need to modify my lrtime lapse pro timer TLCS edition a I have seen in your explanation but I need one photo with the modification because I know nothing about electronics and I don't understand your schematic. I can use a soldering iron but when I see in a picture or in a photo what must I do.
Can you send me that? Greetings Pepe
#5 Sheeba
Hi Pepe,
the MoCo is a ready built and working device for Motion Timelapse. It is operated via an Android smartphone or tablet. The Pro Timer is for static timelapse and is not needed to control the MoCo. I will gladly send you more information.
Regards, Hans

...also check out: