• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HELP! How much is a timelapse worth?

#1 Lapsefinger
Hello people! I have received a request recently from a TV company. They might be interested in a handful of my timelapses. This is my first timelapse sale ever, and I have no idea how much to charge..! Can anyone help? Give me someguidelines?
#2 Ulli
Try to remember how much time you spent, multiply the amount with what ever you think is worth for a hour of your work ...
http://www.fotosearch.de is sellin timelapsvideos at HD-resolution for 200 Euro - just search for similar shops and you get an idea i hope.
#3 Lapsefinger
Thanks for the link! I will have a look at it. I'm browsing through www.ClipCanvas.com too to get an idea of what is concidered a fair price.
#4 85snowball
(2012-05-16, 02:52)Lapsefinger Wrote: Thanks for the link! I will have a look at it. I'm browsing through www.ClipCanvas.com too to get an idea of what is concidered a fair price.

Hello,

I was wondering how everything went with your sale. I am in the same situation right now for a big German company, something on par with Skyhd and I have no idea what to ask for...this is what they are asking.

Term: 2 year license
Territory: Germany & Austria
Media: Pay TV, Broadcast, Web, Mobile Devices 

30 seconds of footage"

Is there any advice you can give me?

Thanks so much,

J
#5 Lapsefinger
Well, I didn't sell anything, actually. It turned out they were just "browsing". Anyway, they never called, so I never got round to discussing a price with them.

However, I asked a norwegian image agency (Scanpix), and they charge roughly €525 per clip for TV (news and editorial) and €350 for web and educational use. For commercial use, the prices are a lot higher. I'm not sure how many times you can broadcast a clip at that price; they didn't specify. It might be just once... Smile I know Norway is a high cost country, but what they're asking of you is very extensive use indeed. Go high..! Big Grin

...also check out: