• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HG Keyframe problem

#1 Worldoceans
Hello,

I am following the HG workflow exactly in the Vimeo tutorial. After initializing, creating keyframes, running the HG wizard, saving xmp, then going to LR, loading metadata and viewing the two and three star KFs, I see a distinct difference. The 3 star KF is always more contrasty than the 2 star - yet in the tutorial it shows them as exactly the same. The exposure is close but the contrast difference is enough to create strong flicker in the final if I change nothing else.

Should I have to go in and manually match the ** and *** keyframes? It would take a lot of tiime?

Thank you,

Steve
#2 Gunther
Different contrasts on the darker and brighter image can be introduced by heavy editing in Lightroom, please see:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-flic...correction
and http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr

This is another reason, why I introduced the new "Visual Deflicker" in LRTimelapse 4. This will smoothen out everything, AFTER the edits have been applied. If you can, I'd recommend upgrading to LRT4.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Worldoceans
Hi Gunther,

I have not done any edits at all in lightroom - the contrast difference is apparent as soon as I load them in lightroom direct from LRT.

I have seen many smooth holy grail sequences from LR3 online and so it should be able to do them. The solution of buying LR4 seems like an expensive one considering I have not yet produced a smooth one with LR3 yet.

Just to recap - I get this without any edits in LR. I simply load the metadata and view the product from LRT. Scrolling through I clearly see the difference between ** HG and *** HG keyframes which in your tutorial you state should be almost identical.
#4 Gunther
Normally there cannot be contrast differences on unedited RAW files. Are you by chance using JPGs? Those are of course preedited by the camera - with JPGs all sort of weird things can happen.

If you are using RAW here is another thing to try:
Go to one pair of 2*/3* keyframes in Lightroom. Clear all edits (reset) - now LRTimelapse is out of the equation.
Now select the 2* keyframe, then shift select the neighbour 3* keyframe. Invoke "Match total Exposures" and check the look of the two frames. Most likely you will get the same difference. Let me know.

It might help to understand your problem too, if you post some screenshots.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: